After Care in the US?????

I'm schedule for Dr. Ortiz on June 10th and I'm beginning to get cold feet. Freezing cold feet. What do you guys do about after care when you get home??? I can't come to Tijuana for fills. What happens if you have an emergency or a complication? I'm betting insurance won't cover them since they won't cover my surgery. I'm interested in solutions any of you have found to after care.

I'm schedule for Dr. Ortiz on June 10th and I'm beginning to get cold feet. Freezing cold feet. What do you guys do about after care when you get home??? I can't come to Tijuana for fills. What happens if you have an emergency or a complication? I'm betting insurance won't cover them since they won't cover my surgery. I'm interested in solutions any of you have found to after care.

Welcome to the June 10th banders, I also wasnt coverded by my insurance asfter they told me yes. But nothing was going to stop me from getting this done. Got on the internt fond this wonderful doctor (dr. ortiz) and scheduled it right away. I will do my first fill in mexico, and then after that i'm going to a place called fill centers usa. I will use the on in colorado because they use the fluoro, Alberqueque is closer but they still dont use that machine to find the port. You can look them up and see the on that is closest to you but make sure they use the fluoro. Here's seeing you in TJ. Where are you coming from. I get in on the 9th at 12:45. Have they told you were you're going to stay at?

Denise

P.S. Put those feet on the heater because I want to see you there.

My surgery date is June 16 and I plan on using the Fill center USA in Farmington , Missouri. I will have to travel 190 miles for my fills but I am unable to go to TJ for my fills.

I did find one dr 45 miles away, but he wanted $600 a fill.

I was reading on another site, where Dr Ortiz is on the Medical Advisory Board of the Fill Centers USA. He as well, played part in their planning. The site also said that the OCC had acess your records at the fill centers.

My surgery date is June 16 and I plan on using the Fill center USA in Farmington , Missouri. I will have to travel 190 miles for my fills but I am unable to go to TJ for my fills.

I was reading on another site, where Dr Ortiz is on the Medical Advisory Board of the Fill Centers USA. He as well, played part in their planning. The site also said that the OCC had acess your records at the fill centers.

Its a long drive fr me but it will be the least expensive one as well.

Denise

WHEN MY FRIEND LOST HER BAND, THE INSURANCE COVERED SOME OF THE BILL. THINGS THAT DIDN'T HAVE TO DO WITH THE BAND, BLOOD WORK, DEHYDRATION ISSUES, ETC BUT IT IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

Denise...

I actually typed the wrong date! You would think I'd have it etched in my memory. My surgery is June 9th. I'll be arriving on the Saturday before.

There are no fill centers close to me.....I believe the closest was a 6 hour drive. What happens if you drive all that way and then it is too tight and you are throwing up? I'm trying to think of all the possible outcomes and prepare for them.

Kim

Denise...

I actually typed the wrong date! You would think I'd have it etched in my memory. My surgery is June 9th. I'll be arriving on the Saturday before.

There are no fill centers close to me.....I believe the closest was a 6 hour drive. What happens if you drive all that way and then it is too tight and you are throwing up? I'm trying to think of all the possible outcomes and prepare for them.

Kim

When I go for my fills, I have decided to have the fill the first day and spend the night and come back the next day. That way, I should know before then if the fill i to tight.

I am still trying to find a dr who will do my fills that is closer, But I am having no luck. Other than the insurance, this has been the most frustrating thing that I have encountered.

So, looks like I will still be driving to Missouri.

My wife and I are going to use the trip as a reason to get away for some quality time.

Thats what I plan on doing also, I have a house in Durango Mexico Its 4 hours away from Monterry Mexico and when we go for our vacation Ill just drive there and stay a couple of days to make sure the fill is ok. But like I said I want my first fill at the occ no matter how much it cost.

Denise