Could not wait any longer ...

Although I was suppost do start eating solids tomorrow .... I had to have it today :lb18:

We had a really emotional/stressful weekend (one of our dogs is badly injured) running back and forth to the vet, I fell back to an old habit ... trying to comfort myself with food - that is ....

Being tired of the soups & broths anyways and know being very sad, I fixed a yummie salad and some mini (ground turkey) meatballs for lunch. I know I shouldn't have - but it was soooooo good B) I thought I could eat like a horse, but I only had maybe 1 1/2 cups of salad and 2 meatballs not even the size of a golf ball and I was stuffed. Everything went down good and nearly 6 hrs. later I'm still full.

Now I'm feeling baaaad because I catched myself not doing what I supposed to do.

- Eat to live and not live to eat -

Although I was suppost do start eating solids tomorrow .... I had to have it today :lb18:

We had a really emotional/stressful weekend (one of our dogs is badly injured) running back and forth to the vet, I fell back to an old habit ... trying to comfort myself with food - that is ....

Being tired of the soups & broths anyways and know being very sad, I fixed a yummie salad and some mini (ground turkey) meatballs for lunch. I know I shouldn't have - but it was soooooo good B) I thought I could eat like a horse, but I only had maybe 1 1/2 cups of salad and 2 meatballs not even the size of a golf ball and I was stuffed. Everything went down good and nearly 6 hrs. later I'm still full.

Now I'm feeling baaaad because I catched myself not doing what I supposed to do.

- Eat to live and not live to eat -

I ate a day early too. Didn't kill me and I was fine.

How is the doggie? What happened? Will he/she be ok? I am an avid animal lover and can definitley feel your pain. I have 9 cats, all special needs, so I know what you are going through. Although, I haven't lost any yet. I sure hope you didn't either and that you dog will be ok. I will say a prayer for him/her.

I ate a day early too. Didn't kill me and I was fine.

How is the doggie? What happened? Will he/she be ok? I am an avid animal lover and can definitley feel your pain. I have 9 cats, all special needs, so I know what you are going through. Although, I haven't lost any yet. I sure hope you didn't either and that you dog will be ok. I will say a prayer for him/her.

Thank you Mona ><'

We have 3 doggies (all rescue puppies) and the one injured (see pic) was nearly beaten to death. We got her as she was 3 month old, but due to the beating she did not developed like she should have and got arthitis in her hips and both rear legs at the age of 1 year old. Now she is 4 y/o and has arthritis like a 10 year old ... On Friday she did'nt use her left rear leg and we had to find out that she has a thorn cruciate ligament ... usually in large breeds, this can only be fixed by an expensive surgery (very painful & slow healing process), and in her case the chances that the surgery will be successful is about 20%. Chances that she will rupture it again within the first year is like 90% due to the arthritis ... The vet said it would be more human to try to see if she can live without surgery and being on pain med, before letting her go to this ordeal...

Well did not mean to write a book ;-)

Don't beat yourself up over starting your foods early, a lot of us couldn't wait, including me......I had to eat Christmas Dinner! So I was 2 days early. Hope your Doggie is feeling better. I lost my 2 golden retrievers last year and am still grieving (Cancer and old age). Just give your dog TLC and a good quality of life.

Donna

Thank you Mona ><'

We have 3 doggies (all rescue puppies) and the one injured (see pic) was nearly beaten to death. We got her as she was 3 month old, but due to the beating she did not developed like she should have and got arthitis in her hips and both rear legs at the age of 1 year old. Now she is 4 y/o and has arthritis like a 10 year old ... On Friday she did'nt use her left rear leg and we had to find out that she has a thorn cruciate ligament ... usually in large breeds, this can only be fixed by an expensive surgery (very painful & slow healing process), and in her case the chances that the surgery will be successful is about 20%. Chances that she will rupture it again within the first year is like 90% due to the arthritis ... The vet said it would be more human to try to see if she can live without surgery and being on pain med, before letting her go to this ordeal...

Well did not mean to write a book ;-)

Oh No, I am so sorry! Beaten? What kind of sick B@@@@@d would beat a puppy? God, I hate some people!!!! Poor baby! So glad he found you to rescue him!

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers!