GOING AWAY NEED ADVISE

MKLADY63

Well, here I am 4 weeks post op and feeling great. My first fill is in two weeks on June 3rd, which I have to say I am very ecited about. However before that I am heading to Orlando on business for 8 days. Whenever I travel I find it so difficult to stick to good eating habits. Does anyone have any ideas that I can take with me :-? , surely don't want to gain anything I have lost already. Thanks in advance for all your advice and support.

That is going to be tough, will you be eating out the whole time? Just be very picky and order sides or off the appetizer menu and ask for a small plate and put your portion on that. Just remember to drink lots of fluids. You won't want to stretch your pouch by increasing your portions. I usually just have an oatmeal packet for breakfast, easy if you have a microwave. When traveling I use the lean cuisines and slimfast shakes and don't eat out much.

We usually bring along Curves or Fiber One bars for breakfasts, although they do have quite a bit of sugar. When I'm eating out in general and not restricted, I ask for a "to go" box when I order the meal, and put half of it away before I start eating to give myself an obvious stop point. If you have a refrigerator in your room this can save you some money too as you can have your leftovers for another meal. You might want to bring a small collapsible cooler and small blue ice packs with you if it is feasible. If I do break down and buy junk food I try to be sure I get it in single serving packs, so there is no uncontrollable binging!

Order from the kids menu. The waiters look at you crazy and some even try to give you trouble but just show them the card the OCC gave you and most of the time they are okay after that. It kinda serves as a doctor's order.

You are coming to Orlando...I live JUST outside of Orlando. Have fun while you are here. I second the getting the takeout box at the beginning of your meal. and be careful what you order.

I like the Glucerna chocolate peanut meal bars. It tastes like a Reeses cup only chewier. YUM.

I totally agree with the take out box, but what I plan on doing is asking for a side plate, and putting only as much food on that plate that I can fit (without stockpiling any of it) and putting the rest in the box. I'm hoping that by the time I chew, chew, chew, 20 min. will have past, and I will be full. Now keep in mind, I'm only 7 days into post-op, but this is what I'm going to try really hard to do. When I was speaking to my counsellor today about emotional eating, we also discussed my favourite food pizza. She said.. how many pieces could you put on a side plate, I said one. She said... that's right, and that's what you're going to eat.. One. I hope with her support, and all my new friends I have made on here, that I will be successful. I will keep you all updated on how it works once I hit day 21.. June 5th. Anita