food still not a problem after fill-need your help

Ok, I know it's only been 5 days, but I still have no discomfort, reflux or any sign of pb'ing. Last night I ate some roasted peanuts, about 6 oz. of steak, and a small sweet potato and a small roll. No problem. I was very satisfied, not stuffed and I didn't eat anymore that evening. Now I had a shake for breakfast and a granola bar for lunch so I don't know what's up. I would have thought that supper would have been too much. I am a meat eater and the steak was cooked to perfection, so, what do ya'll think? Will I get more restriction? :huh:

reneej

Okay woman....I can't believe you have no restriction....I am barely able to get anything down.....I don't know which is worse...I now know what PB'ing and sliming are like.....not good and I don't want to ever do it again!!!!!

I haven't really tested my band yet since my first fill. I can eat pretty much anything (pasta and bread included) without any problem. I haven't forced the quantity issue but know that I'm definitely eating 1/3 less than what I normally would eat. But again, I don't wait until I get a sign to stop; I simply stop eating when I think I should. I also put very little on my plate to begin with. So when it's gone, I'm done. Sure I've felt hungry in between meals (usually around 4 p.m.) but I hope that's just mental hunger :)

Sorry I haven't been much help.

I figured in two weeks, I'll look at the scale and the quantity of food I've been eating, and make a decision at that point if I'm heading to Roswell, GA!

Be sure to drink a lot of water throught out the day. I was told no drinking one hour before each meal and not until one hour after. That sorta limited my water intake - so I'm going to have to work on that!!!!!!

Three meals, no snacks!!!!

Ok, I know it's only been 5 days, but I still have no discomfort, reflux or any sign of pb'ing. Last night I ate some roasted peanuts, about 6 oz. of steak, and a small sweet potato and a small roll. No problem. I was very satisfied, not stuffed and I didn't eat anymore that evening. Now I had a shake for breakfast and a granola bar for lunch so I don't know what's up. I would have thought that supper would have been too much. I am a meat eater and the steak was cooked to perfection, so, what do ya'll think? Will I get more restriction? :huh:

reneej

reneej

Hi Renee,

Is your dinner last night the same as you would have usually eaten or less? If it is less then you can be happy with that. I don't know that the whole thing should be about restriction. It is also eating smaller portions and staying full for longer. It sounds like you are doing great. =D>

I haven't really tested my band yet since my first fill. I can eat pretty much anything (pasta and bread included) without any problem. I haven't forced the quantity issue but know that I'm definitely eating 1/3 less than what I normally would eat. But again, I don't wait until I get a sign to stop; I simply stop eating when I think I should. I also put very little on my plate to begin with. So when it's gone, I'm done. Sure I've felt hungry in between meals (usually around 4 p.m.) but I hope that's just mental hunger :)

Sorry I haven't been much help.

I figured in two weeks, I'll look at the scale and the quantity of food I've been eating, and make a decision at that point if I'm heading to Roswell, GA!

Be sure to drink a lot of water throught out the day. I was told no drinking one hour before each meal and not until one hour after. That sorta limited my water intake - so I'm going to have to work on that!!!!!!

Three meals, no snacks!!!!

Dawn,

In case you decide to go to Roswell within the next weeks or so ... I set my first fill date for 05/31 it is only 5 weeks post op, but Darlene the NP who does the fills in Roswell is NOT working on 06/07 and the week after on 06/14 she is in Moultrie GA. So she is in Roswell either 05/31 or then 06/21. Since waiting 8 weeks for the first fill is not an option for me ;-) I went for the 5 weeks .... :D

It's true, girl, no problem with food. I can't say I have over eaten, but I just quit when I know I need to mentally. I am satisfied, but not bloated or burping or anything. I am just so used to hearing everyone talk about their problems. I think my steak dinner was indeed a smaller amount than before I was banded. I think Michelle said once that it didn't really kick in for her for a few days. Well, it's been a few days. It will be a real test this "holiday cook out" weekend.

I may be heading for another fill sooner than I was wanting to also. Where is Roswell, what's it near? Maybe we can meet for a fill weekend! Let me know how ya'll are all doing. It looks like Lynna is kicking the scales pretty darn good =D> You go girl!

reneej

Cool, Atlanta is 4 hours from me...sounds like a road trip =D>

reneej

Renee, don't get discouraged. Your fill may still tighten up. But if you decide to go to Darlene in Roswell you won't go wrong! She is wonderful!!!!!

Ute ... Although I thank you for that information, I got dizzy reading it ::))))))

Dawn,

In case you decide to go to Roswell within the next weeks or so ... I set my first fill date for 05/31 it is only 5 weeks post op, but Darlene the NP who does the fills in Roswell is NOT working on 06/07 and the week after on 06/14 she is in Moultrie GA. So she is in Roswell either 05/31 or then 06/21. Since waiting 8 weeks for the first fill is not an option for me ;-) I went for the 5 weeks .... :D

Hey Renee,

Sorry to hear things aren't great right now, with my 1st fill the first meal I had after the 3 liquid days was also a steak dinner and I ate more than you did, then around day 6 or 8 I really started feeling it!! Interestingly enough this time almost 6 days out from my 2nd fill I think it has loosened up some (or all the swelling from all my PB episodes has gone down) it really is a crap shoot. I am of the opinion that if you're not feeling restriction and you have the money and availability to get a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) then you should DO IT!!

I think of it like filling your car with gas, if you want your car (the band) to take you where you want to go (weight-lossville) then you have to fill it up with gas... Neglecting your car (band) by letting it sit in the garage unfilled means it's going to take longer to get to you final destination! Again there are things that get in the way of being able to fill up your car (usually money issues) but if you look at a lot of the members here that have met their long term weigh loss goals they have all had many fills (Dolittle, LisaL, Clynn, etc)

Untill the restriction kicks in or you are able to get another fill some people suggest drinking ice cold water before eating to tighten up your pouch.... YOU CAN DO IT BABE!!