WAgal's 2nd Fill in Arlington Pharmacy

Hi all,

I went for my second fill in Arlington, WA. Wow, I didn't know how close they were to me. I never get out towards the north end unless I'm heading for the Canadian border so little did I know about quaint little ole town of Arlington! It's such a nice little town and we got to visit a farm and buy some homemade "farm stuff". I mean nuts and jams and plants. I'm such a twirp!

Anyway, the 2nd fill. Easy like the first again. Robin and Kitty said they've done about 2000 of these fills that they don't really need the fluoro unless you are doing a yearly check on the band or if you suspect something is wrong. They are sweet ladies and the whole appointment was short 'bout 10 mins. They asked to see my card to see what type of band I had. Asked where I had my first fill and doctor etc. (all in the paper work I filled out). I was so flabby with skin that they kinda had me doing a sit up position to get that stomach muscle to firm up so they can inject the needle in the right spot. One try and they got me. I got an add'l .4 cc which now takes me at 2.2cc. I'll double check with them for my own records and peace of mind.

I'm to be in liquids for today and then mush tomorrow and then solids as I see fit to eat. Excited but can't tell if all is well with the restriction. Oh they told me that restriction is a misnomer as we are really not wanting restriction from the band. What we want is the band opening to be just the right opening so that food will pass slowly enough that we will feel full before we gorge on too much food. Hence we will loose weight. The band is suppose to keep us feeling full for at least 4 hours in between meals.

Gotta read the paperwork and I understand what they've said so will repost how I'm doing. By the way, Kitty gave me her personal home number in case I need an "emergent" unfill. How sweet is that... they just ask that you be respectful and not call after 9pm. Cost was $150 no fluoro. Next future fill is $125, unfills are free if I need another fill within 3-5? days it's an add'l $50.

Hope this will be of help to someone.

Hanna :)

Well keep us posted on the restriction. That sounds like a good deal. Especially being able to go back in 3-5 days for additional fill for only $50!

Hannah glad you had a good experience with your fill. I guess I need to think about my next fill too. I am going to have it in St. Pete where Mackenzie had hers. Hope you weather is better its getting humid here in Florida. Hope your daughter's pregnancy is going well.

Linda

Hannah, that is who I go to also, they are great, I had mine done in Port Orchard as they visit that area every other month. Very convenient, and they are really up with current stuff. I got a lot of good pointers from them. Saw Pammie there last night for her unfill.

Donna

Linda,

Thanks for thinking of Charlene. She is sooo big for a 7 month along preggy. She's complaining a lot about her back and all. I'm due to give her a baby shower soon. Was busy with other stuff but now I'm ready for some women stuff. How are you doing Linda? My 2nd fill was pretty painless in travel and procedure. We'll see how and if it worked in next week or so here. Weather... don't get me started! It was nice for 4 days then back to rain and now cloudy again. Can't trust the weather report as the weather does what it wants.

Donna,

Thanks.. These women nurses are so sweet. I read your post and Pammie's about the unfill she had done and I actually mentioned it to Kitty and Robin. We are lucky to have them here in WA, aren't we? I will definitely go for a yearly fluoroscopy with Dr. Ortiz's office simply because I want that assurance that all is well and my pouch is not doing a stretch or just anything out of the ordinary. I go to So Cali once a year anyways so driving to SD will not be much more of an imposition. Hey... I read your post about getting some money reimbursed from your insurance. Yippee on that! Did you wanna take me shopping too?? Like bandgroupie? He he he... we're teasing... very happy about your winnings (sort of). I really hope we can get that 2009 Band Camp happen. It will be nice to meet up with our fellow bandsters and those we rely on for support here on the forum. I can't do without my cyberspace support system in this journey!

I am tickled pink that I got some money back, I will actually probably save it for a boob lift someday, LOL! I am also going back to TJ in December as I have to go to San Diego for a cruise then. I will get the fill after the cruise though just in case. I really liked the girls, and yes we are so lucky to have them and they are very reasonable. I got so much information from them and tips on things that I have problems with. My sister-in-law wants to go to them too, she just had an unfill with her Dr. after they filled her using the flouro a few weeks ago. When are you going on your Disney trip?

Hanna, thanks so much for the information on your fill, and the ladies at Arlingotn. I have decided to go down there for my fills. First one will most likely not be until the 1st weekend in July. It is comforting in knowing that they have so much experience, and are getting a great recommendation from you girls on the forum. Anita

I use this clinic too. They are so wonderful and knowledgable. I had my first fill with them on the 3rd of this month and plan on going back in another week or two. They had me lay down to do the fill my tummy was stretching down due to the weight loss. They also told me to start doing some upper body strenghth training too. The cost is minimal to me. They also explained the restriction to me too. Just great lady.

Hey all, a light bulb just went on (off) in my head. Here's a thought. Since we have so many bandsters here in the NW area, why don't we form a get together once every 2 months to do lunch or dinner? We can definitely make a mini vacation or even a fill group, like what my group did in TJ? How about it? I can even try to set up the fill group with Kitty. If you guys are game I can organize (although I just got a fill and don't really know when I'll need another one).

I really just love being able to meet everyone and what better accountability and support than to meet and just talk about it! It would be for those of us who can drive to a meeting point w/out breaking our bank accounts. I actually was reading early Feb 2008 of some bandsters on this forum that are already meeting once a month to get together and have dinner but they are the ones I think that were banded last year and the seasoned bandsters on our forum.

WEEELLLL we can do it too! Let me know if you are interested 'cause friendly, love to get together Hanna will organize it. If you want it to happen then Hanna can build it! I mean make it happen and plan it. All are invited. If you wanna come to Seattle and make it a vacation since Seattle is a tourist spot then by all mean come and be with us!

There are bandster I know of in Port Orchard area, like Donna, someone in Vancouver, BC, like Anita and Monroe and Portland and all in between. What do you guys think? Donna you are close enough to me to even help plan this if you'd like.

SO NW Bandsters reply if you'd like to have this ball rolling. We can start out by just getting together this summer.. June or July.

Hanna :D

Oh and Donna about the Disney trip thing... I'm thinking in the month of August 'cause that's when I'll be ready for my crown implant to be installed.

Hanna

Count me in! I am going to be planning/scheduling my 2nd fill in the next 4 weeks or so.. give or take.. but I can drive up to WA anytime from Portland, OR.

Would love to meet fellow bandster, socialize and talk about "stuff"

Let me know what I can do.

xoxoxox

><' ><' ><' ><'

Hanna,

Most excellent! I am so glad you found an excellent place that will work with you!

Hannah, it sounds great! That would be a lot of fun.

I would love to meet everyone.. sounds like a great idea. I'm planning to get a fill July 4th weekend in Arlington. Do you know if they do it on Saturday's?

I would love to meet everyone.. sounds like a great idea. I'm planning to get a fill July 4th weekend in Arlington. Do you know if they do it on Saturday's?

Yay... we have enough interested people to do this.. I'm/we are going to have to urge some experienced bandsters to come so that we can pick their brains (ummm like Pammie (tummy tuck), Snowbird etc.) Besides it would be fun just meeting in person with everyone that we talk to on the forum. How's about it oh experience knowledgeable ONES?

Anita,

They are open on Saturdays but the fills they do by appointments only. If we know we are all wanting a fill then we can schedule it. In fact, if we shoot for a Saturday then most everyone's schedule will be a little more accommodating. Shall we shoot for a Saturday? Throw some dates at me! The last Saturday of the month of June is on the 28th and the first Saturday for July is on the 5th... right after July 4th! I dunno how to do those fancy voting things on the forum so I'm gonna go low tech and just ask you to post here or send me a message on the forum here. In the next week let me know dates and if you'll be wanting a fill. After we have a tentative date I can ask about getting an appointment set.

POSSIBLE SATURDAY DATES:

June 28th

July 5th

Okay, I'm excited again. :lb21: ~Hanna

Hi Hanna--

I almost feel like I'm barging in here, since I'm not in the NW and won't be getting with all of you lucky girls. You are a good organizer, Hanna!

I was wondering how you knew that you needed a second fill. I only ask because when we went to TJ at the end of April for our first fill, we only received 1.0cc each. I had seen that you and Michelle each got 1.7cc on your first fill. So I started out after the first fill feeling like maybe I didn't get a good first fill. I am back to feeling like I can eat nearly any or all that I want, and was thinking of going to Tampa for a second fill. I haven't been on the forum much lately, but I caught your posts about your second fill. (Also, read that Charlene is getting closer and closer. Funny, her pregnancy is going by really fast for me - haha. Our best to her and you all, in advance.) What were you feeling like when you decided to go for your second fill? I'm down 10 pounds since banding date, but nothing the last two weeks. Were you worried not getting the fill with fluoro?

By the way, Alyssa is doing great! She just got her pictures taken for her 14th birthday (see below). She looks super. She is down 21 pounds since banding, 14 to go.

Alyssa picture

Sorry for buttin' in here. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for your help--Diana

Diana,

Never, never ever are you barging. You are my cyberspace sister bandster forever and you can add on to any of my post any time! ;) And OMGosh, Alyssa is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a gorgeous young lady. I love her picture! Please give her a big hug from me. She certainly gets her good looks from mom!

Okay.. about the restriction. I read that if there's no weight loss for a long period and you are able to eat more and not keeping to the 1-2 lb. a week weight loss then you are probably needing a fill. I had an immediate 3 lbs. reduction from the 1st fill ('cause I think I was sick and not wanting to eat anyways) then only an add'l 1 lb. more for almost 3 weeks. That's when I decided. I've got an elliptical machine now and I think that will help a lot. So 2nd fill I got an add'l .4cc. I'm actually feeling good as far as food intake, it's keeping me full for 4 hours for each meal, which is how it's suppose to be.

Thanks for asking about Charlene... she is so happy and can't wait to see her little angel. I'll let her know that you said hello. I can't wait also. You are welcome to come have a fill here and visit with me? Good news about the fill, it seems to be working. I dropped a lb. yesterday, I'm now at 173 if you look at my ticker. I'm gonna push for more activity and exercise. There's also a post by Jann... do a search on her name and her latest post should come up about "The pouch test" I just joined their email list and I plan to get involved in that forum too. Full of information. You might wanna check it out? That's all the news for me so far. Hope all is well there and things are looking up in the weather again, YES! Summer feels like it has arrived.

Blessings,

I'm not available the 28th of June. I have a dragonboat festival in Whistler. Was planning on heading down the 5th, so that would work better for me. Anita

Thanks for the info - and compliments, Hanna! You are so helpful on this forum, keep up the good work! I think I am going to check into the fill center in Tampa. I've read on the forum the folks there are great. It is a good drive from here, but I can definitely do it in a day. Thanks again-Diana

Thanks for the info - and compliments, Hanna! You are so helpful on this forum, keep up the good work! I think I am going to check into the fill center in Tampa. I've read on the forum the folks there are great. It is a good drive from here, but I can definitely do it in a day. Thanks again-Diana

Count me in too! I will be ready for a fill, and live in Point Roberts, so Arlington is the nearset location, Would be fun to meet everyone. Wow a fill party.

Linda

Hi again!

I checked out "The 5-day pouch test" yesterday morning. Luckily, I hadn't eaten any breakfast and had Adkins shakes in the house, so I was able to start doing it right away. Looking forward to seeing how it works. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for telling us about it, Hanna!!

I also live in Portland, Oregon and am considering using these ladies in Arlington because I cannot find anyone that will do the Fluroscopy here...someone mentioned that these same women are in Port Orchard every other month, do they have the Fluro available there as well?

BTW, Hi Linda! :-h (we were banded the same day)

Thank you!

Caro

I also live in Portland, Oregon and am considering using these ladies in Arlington because I cannot find anyone that will do the Fluroscopy here...someone mentioned that these same women are in Port Orchard every other month, do they have the Fluro available there as well?

BTW, Hi Linda! :-h (we were banded the same day)

Thank you!

Caro

No they don't use flouro in Port Orchard. They just have a portable set-up there, but they do a great job. They do the fills at a catering hall, that belongs to a very nice lady that was banded and has the support group there after the fill appointments.

Yay... we have enough interested people to do this.. I'm/we are going to have to urge some experienced bandsters to come so that we can pick their brains (ummm like Pammie (tummy tuck), Snowbird etc.) Besides it would be fun just meeting in person with everyone that we talk to on the forum. How's about it oh experience knowledgeable ONES?

Anita,

They are open on Saturdays but the fills they do by appointments only. If we know we are all wanting a fill then we can schedule it. In fact, if we shoot for a Saturday then most everyone's schedule will be a little more accommodating. Shall we shoot for a Saturday? Throw some dates at me! The last Saturday of the month of June is on the 28th and the first Saturday for July is on the 5th... right after July 4th! I dunno how to do those fancy voting things on the forum so I'm gonna go low tech and just ask you to post here or send me a message on the forum here. In the next week let me know dates and if you'll be wanting a fill. After we have a tentative date I can ask about getting an appointment set.

POSSIBLE SATURDAY DATES:

June 28th

July 5th

Okay, I'm excited again. :lb21: ~Hanna

Hanna!!!

I would really like to meet/visit with everyone!! I dont need a fill, so whenever!! I'm in!!

Amber

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an address, phone number or email for these ladies? I am desperate for a fill. I was all scheduled to go to Tijuana on May 29th. I was in Las Vegas last week and had my flight all booked from Las Vegas to San Diego (then to TJ). I got on the plane and then while on the tarmac awaiting take-off, the plane had problems and the flight was cancelled. I can't afford a short notice flight back to San Diego so I have to look for other alternatives now. I am so depressed about this whole thing. I'm not losing weight and I need to get my fill ASAP!!!!!

Kittycat told me about a Fill Center USA in Tacoma and I've emailed them but they haven't replied. Where exactly is Arlington? I'm in Surrey, British Columbia.

Thanks,

Denise