band slip

how easy is it for your band to slip?

im just over parinoid , but im afraid to do anything. anyone got some advice?

im 10 days post op.

Im not sure either but im also parinoid. Im on day 15 post op and i have had some apple sause and a few REALLY tiny bites of other soft foods just cause its getting really hard. But im not sure. if u find out let me know...

I've had my band since 10/6/2006 and I've heard of just a few bands slipping, compared to the thousands put in.

Its not common, but you always want to be aware of your band. It is our investment and we need to take care of them. So don’t eat solids when you’re not suppose too, and make sure once you start eating you chew well and try not to each too much so things come back up. I always make sure that I have medication on hand in cause I get nausea, to make sure I don't vomit.

Follow the program and you'll do great!

how easy is it for your band to slip?

im just over parinoid , but im afraid to do anything. anyone got some advice?

im 10 days post op.

Hi I just had my fill and i asked the same question. the doctor said that the way the band slips is with constant vomiting. I was also worried, but in reality it makes sense that if the band was placed correctly, a lot of pressure will be the way for it to slip.

I have over the counter Emetrol for Nausea and prescription Promethazine. Both are good and both are in liqued form. If I even think I might be getting the flu or an upset stomach I take the Emetrol (I have a bottle in my purse and at home) it settles the stomach, if I know I've got the flu I switch to Promethazine. Its stronger.

Let your doctor know you have the lap band and you should be able to get a script for Promethazine.