Headaches and Caffeine

Hi everyone,

I am scheduled to have my band surgery on June 19th and had a question about headaches. I get really bad migrains because of a medical condition I have. I read somewhere that you should not have caffeine for the first few months after surgery because it can cause the band to erode into the stomach. I'm just wondering if this is true and if it is what others do for their headaches?

Dr. Ortiz said to me that he would rather I have some coffee than suffer from headaches so I think (in moderation) caffeine is fine. Just be sure it isn't coming from soda products.

That's a relief! I take Fioricet for my headaches which has caffeine in it so I was really concerned about that!

I don't drink coffee, but the doctors all told me I could right away post-op surgery and fill. Just no bubbles - no carbonated beverages. And I do have to admit - I snuck in a pop one time - bad. No way for the gas to escape. I could feel it get trapped - quite uncomfortable. I do know those who let it sit on the counter for a bit before drinking - I did that with Fanta orange and it was okay - but not worth all the effort. I am trying to find low sugar alternatives to drinking diet sodas. So far, G2 and diet snapple are it.

G2 is the new drink from Gatorade, It is lo cal.

I don't drink coffee, but the doctors all told me I could right away post-op surgery and fill. Just no bubbles - no carbonated beverages. And I do have to admit - I snuck in a pop one time - bad. No way for the gas to escape. I could feel it get trapped - quite uncomfortable. I do know those who let it sit on the counter for a bit before drinking - I did that with Fanta orange and it was okay - but not worth all the effort. I am trying to find low sugar alternatives to drinking diet sodas. So far, G2 and diet snapple are it.

LOL! I'll be sure to stay away from the soda!