Banded 4.8.08- NOT LOSING!!!!

:(( I was banded on April 8 and had my first fill of 2cc's on 5.19.08.

I haven't lost ANY weight. I weigh the same i did as on my surgery day.

Before I had the band I would eat alot. late night snacks, cookies you name it.

Now, i am not eating anywhere near what i did before and i am not losing.

I feel so depressed because i see people losing so much weight on the

forum and i am not.

did i just waste $8,000 for NOTHING??????

how can this be happening to me?

Yesterday I ate 1 light yoplait, 1/2 turkey sandwich (on the small sized bread)

a boston market frozen meal (290 Cal.) and some almonds

What's up!!!! that can only be at the absolute most 1000-1100 calories.

did any one else go through this, only to lose later???

Give me hope.

Claire

Could be you need another fill. Just keep up what you are doing and maybe add some more exercise. Be patient, it will happen, I have had 2 times where I had gained or stayed the same for over a month, but it eventually came off. I know how frustrating it can be to see everyone losing well, but everyone is different, how are the inches doing, are your clothes getting loose yet? I lost inches before it showed on the scale.

Donna

You didn't mention if you are hungry for more food. Are you?

Try and get your calories up to 1200. From what I understand, that's the magic number. See how that works.

Hang in there. You will lose if you keep it up. :) The band doesn't make you lose weight, it makes you eat less which you are doing. Have you lost any inches? When I'm not losing is when I seem to lose the most inches.

Oh! And one more thing. Put the scales away for a few days!

I hope this helps. You WILL lose!

><'

Jena

thank you for those words of encouragment.

I really need them right now.

I have only had my fill for not even a week now. it is somewhat difficult for

me to eat. they said the "normal" first fill is 1.8cc and they gave me 2cc's.

Claire

Claire,

I've had the same frustrations (as many have). I found that walking daily (20 min), doing some minor pilates etc.. and adding more calories to around 1200ish, helps. I lost 3 pounds in about 10 days after I did that. Do you have kids? I also have found that after I had kids my body "hung onto" weight so much more. I was anxious after my first fill to lose weight too, just relax and realize that it does take time. I try not to weigh myself daily and just focus on how much protein I get and to be a little active every day. Also I would look into how many grams of protein you are getting. I don't eat much meat so in the mornings I have a SlimFast with a scoop of Any Whey protein powder. That also seemed to help when I was "stuck". Good luck!

Karen

up your calories to 1200 at least and make sure you are getting enough protein and fiber in your daily diet. I know it is hard to stay at the same weight for what seems like forever but you just got your fill so please give it and yourself a chance. We are all here for you and almost all of us struggle on a daily basis. Chin up big smile and keep us posted. Lora

For me I can't eat sandwiches, and really focus on eating my food separate - try that for a week and see what happens. (protein, veggies, fruits, carbs) And it is super important to get your protein.

(Even though it’s a small sandwich - its difficult to eat food that is mixed. And also the reason we focus on eating our protein first is it fills us up fast)

You'll be fine - at first it is trial and error, then education. But we do need to focus on following the lap band program if we want to succeed. I know three people who don't follow and none have lost a significant amount of weight. Also make sure you aren’t drinking while you eat or after and watch those liquid calories!

Take care,

:rolleyes: Make sure you are getting your calories...checkout the sodium content in things you are eating, this will keep you retaining fluids(this means no loss of pounds)....Keep counting calories and listening to your body....The weight loss will catch up!! =D> Good Luck!

Hi Claire,

I was stuck at 179 for five weeks, five long weeks.... I really watch what I eat-- I tried to eat less calories, I ate more calories, more protein, but nothing helped until I "upped" my cardio last week. I finally started losing again.

Maybe exercise will do the trick for you, and kick start your weight loss?? :lb25: .... then again I am an exercise junkie...maybe I am a little biased....

Just hang in there, stick with the program and I am positive that the weight will come off. Just think, it will be that much sweeter when you hit your goal weight!!!!

Don't give up, keep coming here for support. We are all here for you.

Lynn

:(( I was banded on April 8 and had my first fill of 2cc's on 5.19.08.

I haven't lost ANY weight. I weigh the same i did as on my surgery day.

Before I had the band I would eat alot. late night snacks, cookies you name it.

Now, i am not eating anywhere near what i did before and i am not losing.

I feel so depressed because i see people losing so much weight on the

forum and i am not.

did i just waste $8,000 for NOTHING??????

how can this be happening to me?

Yesterday I ate 1 light yoplait, 1/2 turkey sandwich (on the small sized bread)

a boston market frozen meal (290 Cal.) and some almonds

What's up!!!! that can only be at the absolute most 1000-1100 calories.

did any one else go through this, only to lose later???

Give me hope.

Claire

HI CLAIRE,

YOU'VE JUST FINISHED HEALING, THE FIRST SIX WEEKS, IT'S NOT ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT AT THIS TIME. JUST HAD YOUR FIRST FILL, 7 DAYS AGO. THE BAND HAS JUST STARTED WORKING AS A TOOL FOR YOU. IT'S TAKEN YEARS TO BE AT OUR WEIGHT. GIVE THE BAND MORE THEN A WEEK TO START IN. YOU'LL DO FINE, JUST GIVE IT TIME.

Hey Claire,

I have been there......Don't panic! I was a slow loser until I got my third fill. Everyone's body is different. Inhes is what you want to focus on right through here. I had my third fill and my weight is droping off. Please keep in mind, watching others losing weight can be a help and a hinderance.....FOCUS ON YOU! You did not waste your money....the band does work cause I have been where you are. Finally, what meds are you taking......sometimes it slows the weight loss at times.

Watch Sodium intake

Lose the bread

Off the dairy

Grill your foods

Lots of vegges

Lots of water

Forget how others are losing.......the younger the quicker the weight comes off. Master the band for you, and do you!

Monet

><' I just want to say thank you to everyone for responding to my post.

You all are right when you remind me that i have been at this weight for a very long time

and that it won't just "fall" off.

I do need to up my exercise and really pay attention to my food intake. More protiens ect.

Thanks for being here for me. I was so happy to see that today i had so many helpful replies.

It means so much to me.

Love,

Claire ><'