Full Feeling?

Experenced bandsters, what does it feel like when you are full? Does it feel like pre-banding fullness, or does it feel different? It's been 2 weeks since my first fill and I feel nothing. I still can eat everything and as much as I want. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I"M STUCK IN BANDSTER HELL!!!!!!!

Experenced bandsters, what does it feel like when you are full? Does it feel like pre-banding fullness, or does it feel different? It's been 2 weeks since my first fill and I feel nothing. I still can eat everything and as much as I want. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! I"M STUCK IN BANDSTER HELL!!!!!!!

Hello,

I hap my band put in feb 2007, and to me the fullness feels completely different. I cant really explain how it feels, but you will know when your full. I sometimes feel like a tad bit of pressure and I just STOP. Even if I ate hardly nothing. You dont want to get full to the point where it comes right out, that pressure could cause the band to slip...

Good Luck and don't stress, I didnt start feeling full until like my 2nd or 3rd fill. :lol:

I haven't had a fill yet, but trust me you will know the feeling when you are full. It's even hard to almost take a breath. From what people have told me if you don't have that feeling and you are eating more than a 1/3 of what you use to, you should probably go get another fill. :bad:

It’s interesting, this is what its like for me:

Since my stomach is now higher; my full feeling is now higher. If you eat the right amount you will feel light pressure in the upper part of your stomach. Eat too much and it’s pretty uncomfortable. I have to walk around and move to get the food to go down and feel better.

It is more like pressure, since I’ve had my band for over 19 months now in my head that pressure tells me I’m full. And I’ve learned to listen to it. And they are right, if you are eating too much - or you are feeling hungry more often you may need a new fill. (If my fill is good, my hunger goes down)

Best,

Lisa

Well I know that I need another fill, but they said that I couldn't come back for at least 1 month. I dont get why He told me 1 month when others are going back in 2 weeks! I am just getting very frusterated because I am gaining the weight back that I have lost!

I just don't get some of this at all. It seems like alot of people need another fill right after their first fill. What's up with that??? :wacko: Why can't they just get it right the first time? It can be very expensive for people who have to travel and pay to get fills. Especially if they want to go back to Tijuana. Or even those of us who are going to use the Arlington clinic. It's not like it's free. It's frustrating to read these comments.

You can generally tell if a fills not right on within a week, and many places will give you discounted or free adjustments if made within the first week. I've never had an unfill but I have an adjustment to tighten and paid a discounted price. (It was just a pain since its over an hours drive for me)

To me it feels a little different. It feels like pressure more in my chest and upper stomach where as before it was my mid stomach. It comes much quicker now too. I ate a lean cuisine tonight for dinner and was stuffed.

That will be the same for me Lisa, as driving down from Vancouver and across the border is going to take me approx. 1 1/2 hrs. I'm planning on staying the night at a girlfriend's trailer just south of Mount Vernon, so I'm hoping that I may be able to tell the next day if I maybe need more of a fill so I can go back. If not, I guess I'll just have to go back another time. I will check with the ladies when I go for my first fill.