In TJ,...at the Lucerna!!

Once again, everything was awesome!! Got my fill and Laurie was afraid so she watched me go first. We laughed and had a ball!! OMG we had fun! It did not hurt at all! I'm serious, not at all. I barely felt the pinch of the needle and it was done. It was so cool seeing my band on the screen and watching the barium flow through it. He puts the saline in and you drink again and you can see how much slower it goes through. I got 1.8cc and I can feel it! Laurie already had a little restriction so she got 1.5cc. She said she could feel it too. I came back to the Hotel and had some broth [over 2 hours ago] and I'm still full!! Hopefully this will help me to start losing again and stop eating too much! We did a little shopping and now we'll be in for the evening. Mikayla got to swim for a bit... too cold, I think! Met a few really nice people here, it was a good day! :D Darlene

It was so nice to meet you and your family. I am so glad the pre-op is done, and believe it or not, I can't wait to be on the operating table tomorrow! All of the staff at OCC has been awesome so far. Dr. Miranda is wonderful!!! She explained everything so well and was very funny. The staff at the Lucerna has been great too. In fact, the only not so wonderful parts so far were the fasting for the pre-op and the guy on Revolution Avenue selling "real" silver neckles!

Once again, everything was awesome!! Got my fill and Laurie was afraid so she watched me go first. We laughed and had a ball!! OMG we had fun! It did not hurt at all! I'm serious, not at all. I barely felt the pinch of the needle and it was done. It was so cool seeing my band on the screen and watching the barium flow through it. He puts the saline in and you drink again and you can see how much slower it goes through. I got 1.8cc and I can feel it! Laurie already had a little restriction so she got 1.5cc. She said she could feel it too. I came back to the Hotel and had some broth [over 2 hours ago] and I'm still full!! Hopefully this will help me to start losing again and stop eating too much! We did a little shopping and now we'll be in for the evening. Mikayla got to swim for a bit... too cold, I think! Met a few really nice people here, it was a good day! :D Darlene

I'm such a numb-nut,... I didn't log in under my name!! :wacko: Sorry deparis!! This is Darlene AKA iwantbanded.

It was great meeting you too Tammy & George! Make sure you post how you're doing tomorrow after your surgery!! =D>

Take care, Darlene

It was so nice to meet you and your family. I am so glad the pre-op is done, and believe it or not, I can't wait to be on the operating table tomorrow! All of the staff at OCC has been awesome so far. Dr. Miranda is wonderful!!! She explained everything so well and was very funny. The staff at the Lucerna has been great too. In fact, the only not so wonderful parts so far were the fasting for the pre-op and the guy on Revolution Avenue selling "real" silver neckles!

How are you doing Tammy???? I was looking for a post since you've been banded..... I hope you're feeling OK! :)

My first fill so far is OK. I will test it later today. I plan on keeping it simple though, I'm going to make some chic noodle soup and take it easy. I notice that I feel full just by a cup of coffee.... for now anyways. I'm so glad I don't feel the really over-tight restriction that some bandsters feel, I can drink without any problems.