Pre-Op Weight Loss.

Hi all,

I've been following Dr. Miranda's pre-op diet and I'm not losing much. I'm SO worried they will cancel my surgery. :lb12: She has me on 2 shakes and a lean cuisine a day and asked me to lose 10 pounds. When I filled out the paperwork I was 275. Between paperwork and starting pre-op I gained 4 pounds, taking me to 279. #-o I told her about gaining the 4 pounds and she said that I had to lose that 4 pounds and the original 10. I'm sitting at about 272, following the diet and the scale isn't budging. I'm scared because to her this is only a three pound loss. My pre-op tests with her are on Tuesday!!! Ahh! I e-mailed her to tell her how worried I was, but haven't heard back yet.

What do you think will happen???? Help! :((

:lb6:

Hi!! Thanks for the comment.. I was wondering about your dogs cause I have a Yorkie as well, but I want another one!! Too cute!!

I think that as long as you are atleast losing weight and not gaining, you should be fine!! Just keep working hard.. You can still lose a few more lbs before Tuesday.. just promise yourself you'll be extra good over the weekend!! LOL!

The key is water, water, water...drink lots....I have been on my pre-op diet since Tuesday, May 27/08.

I have the following:

Optifast shake

Water

Veggies or Homemade veggie soup

Water

Cucumber and celery for snack

Lean Cuisine under 240 calories

Water

Optifast shake before 8 p.m.

Water

I have lost 8 lbs in 4 days.

Veggie and water will get your bowels moving you will pee like a race horse and the weight will start coming off!!!

Best of luck! Cathy

Guest sdejong

I have had similar problems. I was on a yo yo diet when I finally called to schedule my Lap Band. I had lost a total of 40Lbs but at some point I just wasn't loosing anymore and it started to come back (eating the same). When I had gained 20 of the pounds back I offically had my surgery date at 210 lbs. Since then I have gained more of my original 40lbs back about 8lbs and I am doing the slimfast for breakfast and lunch and a sensible dinner. :lb12:

I talked to Dr. M about my concern about this awell and she told me to, JUST GET IT DONE..... I am having WLS for a reason, I haven't been able to just get it done on my own.....

Please update us after you have your appointment, as I am very nervous about this as well. My surgery is July 1....

Thanks for the suggestions. I have lots and lots of water so I don't think that's it. But, I've always been a water drinker and a normal day is more like 10 glasses than the usual 8. I'm not eating much veggies, so I think that's a good idea. Get the pipes flushed out... haha, gross. I think another part of my problem is that I'm always on a diet, I just keep switching around which one I'm trying. So maybe the sudden reduction in calories isn't really a shock to my body so the pounds are just chillin'. ^_^

At least no one is saying they didn't lose much and got sent home, haha. I'll definately keep everyone posted in case we're in the same boat.

I'll stick to it, who knows, maybe Tuesday morning the pounds will be gone.

Get yourself some FIBER! Have you been getting 25-30 grams a day of fiber? Take supplements if you haven't.

Even if you are having regular BM's, you need to get that fiber in. It will make a difference in your weight loss.

Good luck!!

Jena