No Smoking??

OK, I give up..........why can't you smoke 2 weeks prior to surgery?? Can anyone shed some light on that?? :wacko:

Being a smoker makes you more susceptible to post-op complications. It is very common to have people quit smoking before having elective surgery.

:wacko:

http://www.cosmeticmiracles.com/handbook/s...nd_surgery.html

I HAVE ANOTHER SURGERY COMING UP SO I'M BACK ON CHANTIX AGAIN. I'M HOPEFUL THIS WILL BE MY FINAL ATTEMPT, FINGERS CROSSED :)

LOOK UP SKIN NECROSIS, THEY'RE PRETTY GROSS LOOKING SORES THAT HAPPEN TO SMOKERS MORE THEN NON SMOKERS AFTER SURGERY WHEN WOUNDS DON'T HEAL DUE TO BLOOD FLOW AND THE SKIN JUST DIES OFF. IT HELPS ME TO TRY AND STAY FOCUSED.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

http://www.cosmeticmiracles.com/handbook/s...nd_surgery.html

I HAVE ANOTHER SURGERY COMING UP SO I'M BACK ON CHANTIX AGAIN. I'M HOPEFUL THIS WILL BE MY FINAL ATTEMPT, FINGERS CROSSED :)

LOOK UP SKIN NECROSIS, THEY'RE PRETTY GROSS LOOKING SORES THAT HAPPEN TO SMOKERS MORE THEN NON SMOKERS AFTER SURGERY WHEN WOUNDS DON'T HEAL DUE TO BLOOD FLOW AND THE SKIN JUST DIES OFF. IT HELPS ME TO TRY AND STAY FOCUSED.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

OK, now I'm totally grossed out..................... :bad: :bad:

Smoking interferes with anesthesia, pain control, and healing. Dr. Ortiz sent me a document that he wrote and said that this --no smoking-- is key. He has also said that he has canceled surgeries for those that are non compliant. In his document he says he has vowed to help better lives, which he takes very seriously...to which he follow up with "so should you!" I am not telling you this to scare you. But to let you know he does take it very seriously. I don't want to sound heavy handed here, I do understand. I have always thought that to stop smoking for any length of time is hard, I liken it to dieting. It is NOT easy, but worth it, yes. You can do it!!!!!!! Get on the forum when you have tough days, we are all here to help every step of the way!!!!!!!!!

~dianna~

Chantix is a wonderful thing. My husband and i both starting taking it together. On the seventh day, you quit...and it is actually that easy. We have been smoke free for several weeks now, and I don't miss it at all!

I quit smoking after 15 years (if I can do it, I know you can).... I figured that my surgery was more important to me. I asked my doctor for Chantrix, but he did not feel it was necessary, so I did it cold turkey.

I am not saying that it is easy, but after the first 3 days, it does get "easier", then easier after the next couple of days and so on. I have now been smoke free for 62 days and I cannot believe that I ever smoked for that long!!!

Now is as good a time as any to quit, what better reason?? This step will be a monumental in the new and improved, healthy you!!!

So like Nikey says.... "Just do it!" You will be so happy that you did.

I, as well as many others here in the forum, will be rooting you on!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: