head hunger

Hi everyone, I am asking this question here because I wanted to know what people who are already banded have to say about my question, thanks so much.

I have been thinking about the lap band for a while. I have hesitated because I know I eat mostly out of non-physical reasons. (I obsess about food all the time.) My goal with the lap band is that once I cannot physically eat so much, I will just adapt to it simply because I have to. I know myself, and I will not allow myself to throw up or "eat around it" with soft foods or soda; those particular things are not challenges for me. I just want to know people's experience: once a person simply CANNOT physically overeat, does the head hunger (what I experience as obsessive thoughts about food) lessen? Thanks,

Very good question....here is my take. I used to go to bed prior to the band thinking about what I was gonna eat the next day and literally planning on how it would taste. Since the band I personally no longer have these thoughts. I am able to eat the three meals and feel good. If I do crave something I eat it within reason, although if I want ice cream a glass of milk satisfies me. A lot of foods that I would eat prior to banding no longer appeal to me such as mexican, fastfood, tea, soda, and sweet things especially popsicles. Good luck and keep us posted. Lora

Hi everyone, I am asking this question here because I wanted to know what people who are already banded have to say about my question, thanks so much.

I have been thinking about the lap band for a while. I have hesitated because I know I eat mostly out of non-physical reasons. (I obsess about food all the time.) My goal with the lap band is that once I cannot physically eat so much, I will just adapt to it simply because I have to. I know myself, and I will not allow myself to throw up or "eat around it" with soft foods or soda; those particular things are not challenges for me. I just want to know people's experience: once a person simply CANNOT physically overeat, does the head hunger (what I experience as obsessive thoughts about food) lessen? Thanks,

I too am a food addict.... Food was on my mind from the time my feet hit the floor in the morning till I drifted off to sleep at night. I was banded on 3-25 and I hadn't thought about it before now, but I don't think [obsess] about food as much now. I mean I still do, but it's not as bad as it was!! :) I have been realizing my portions more, I have to continue to cut back. I'm hoping that once I hit my sweet spot that eating will be more of a pain in the a$$ than a big attraction. :rolleyes: