What's up with me!?!?!?

So for about the past week, I have woken up in the early morning hours (between 4 and 5 am usually) with horrible tightness in my chest. It almost feels like bad heartburn, but a little different, plus there's no way I'm having heart burn on slim fast shakes and creamy broccoli and cheese soup. Anyway - it feels like crazy tight restriction and it feels a lot better if I sit or stand up. What is this about? Is something happening to me overnight that is making my band restrict? Anyone else heard of or experienced this??

So for about the past week, I have woken up in the early morning hours (between 4 and 5 am usually) with horrible tightness in my chest. It almost feels like bad heartburn, but a little different, plus there's no way I'm having heart burn on slim fast shakes and creamy broccoli and cheese soup. Anyway - it feels like crazy tight restriction and it feels a lot better if I sit or stand up. What is this about? Is something happening to me overnight that is making my band restrict? Anyone else heard of or experienced this??

Hi there, I have heard that is normal to have tight restriction in the morning and drinking something warm will help. Try some tea or warm soup.

Good luck!

Cathy

My Friend Amber!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what the tightness in your chest is from, but

the creamy broccoli and cheese soup gave me realllllly bad indigestion, plus all that sipping didn't help - caused you to suck in air!!!!

make sure you're not eating before you go to bed. your band restricts the food from going down - right? so when it's being held up in our new little pouch, it needs time to go down, otherwise, when you lay down to sleep at night, the majority of that food remains there.

they say don't lay down to sleep 2 hours after eating, however, depending what i ate (steak usually) i make sure it's 3 hours.

and i can't relate, but yes, i've heard morning tightness is very common and sometimes you might need to drink something warm to help loosen up the band.

good luck! :rolleyes:

Just thought I would put in my two cents the cheese and broccoli soup maybe giving you gas which can be trapped making it feel like your having a mini heartattack... Has happend to me several times since my banding... and also I have very tight restriciton in the AM so I drink a little hot tea.... but gasx has helped with the gas .... :girl_sigh:

• 2 months later...

Hi

I get tightness in the morning and need to drink VERY hot tea. If I still am not able to drink, I just wait for a few hours and try again. I was also told very cold drinks may also help and sometimes this does help. Although I have been told that a small amount of alcohol but since I don't drink alcohol I can#t vouch for this. I was also told to " flush " out my pouch at night so I drink alot of water before I go to bed.

Hope this helps

Lucy