Jump to content

Not band related.....well maybe


Recommended Posts

I had to help my mom put her 11 year old cat to sleep tonight. It was awful. He had pancreatic and skin cancer. My mom is devastated and so am I. He was my little brudder and I loved him so!!

When it was all over, I ate a handful of chocoloate chips. And I'm not sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to help my mom put her 11 year old cat to sleep tonight. It was awful. He had pancreatic and skin cancer. My mom is devastated and so am I. He was my little brudder and I loved him so!!

When it was all over, I ate a handful of chocoloate chips. And I'm not sorry.

I'M SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. PUTTING THEM DOWN IS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS TO DO BUT HIS SUFFERING HAS ENDED. I KNOW ALL TO WELL ABOUT PANCREATIC CANCER, IT'S UGLY :( SMILE AND THINK ABOUT ALL THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES YOUR MOM AND YOU SHARED WITH HER KITTY :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't worry about the chips, you don't have to be sorry. I'm so sorry for you bad night and wish I could make it better! I lost my best friend a few years ago and I know how hard this is. Also helping your mom get through this is wonderful but I also know it can also cause extra stress. Take it easy, and know we're thinking about you and understand!

Take care and try to get some good rest tonight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mona, I am sooooo sorry !!!

Always remember ... He knew that if love could have saved him, he would have lived forever ><'

He crossed the "Rainbowbridge" so he would not have to suffer anymore and he wants you and your mom to cerrish the many wonderful memories forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to help my mom put her 11 year old cat to sleep tonight. It was awful. He had pancreatic and skin cancer. My mom is devastated and so am I. He was my little brudder and I loved him so!!

When it was all over, I ate a handful of chocoloate chips. And I'm not sorry.

Mona, you sweetheart you!! I have 4 cats myself and I know how you feel! Please don't feel bad about putting him down, he would have suffered badly and you and your Mom saved your brudder from that. I took my Gram to have her cat, Kat, put to sleep on Valentines Day 1993 and it was SO hard. I kept telling Gram that she did the right thing [he had cancer also] and I still believe that till this day. You said the same thing that I say to my cats every day... I love you SO!! :)

Forget about the chocolate chips... it's a new day! ><' Sending much love, Darlene

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry about what you and you're mom are going thru. I have a cat now, and I know I would be devestaded if something happened to her. About the cookies, today is a new day, keep going foward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it is very hard to be the one to have to decide to put the loved one down, but you did the right thing for the kitty, he was suffering. All we have is this moment, you went through it once, try not to keep reliving it and be in the now. Every moment is a new start. We are there for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious pet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh I am so sorry! I would have had a snack too. ><'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So sorry to hear of your loss. My furry children are the center of my world next to the human ones. We too had to put down one of our kids a couple of years ago. I went in when the vet gave her the shots and I am so glad. I don't know if you were able to do that but the total relief I saw in her made me understand that we did the right thing and I am sure you did too. There is little point in making them suffer. I'm sure one day you three will be reunited.

Thinking and praying for you.

Cheryl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You poor baby! That is so stressful! Among my friends I am the "grim reaper" as I am always called to take thier pets in and have them euthanized. I have done so many over the years as I am an animal lover and always have tons of pets (especially elderly or sickly ones) All my animals die in my loving arms because that is the way that I choose it. My vet is so patient with me and lets me have my way. I comfort them until thier last breath and tell them that I love them and I will see them someday on the other side. I once had one of my cats put to sleep and the vet wouldn't let me back when they did it and I still have nightmares and dreams that they didn't really put her down and she is out there somewhere (impossible). I lost two of my beloved Golden Retrievers last year and still can't think about it without tears. I haven't been able to get another baby puppy yet, just my Pom. Someday.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mona -

Larry and I are so sorry for the loss of your dear little furry friend. They are so precious to us and yet they have such short lives compared to ours. This is so we can move on eventually and invite another one into our lives. I know for now that will not happen but when the hurt starts waning some little creature will make its life and love back into yours and yours mother hearts.

We too will be saying goodbye to Greymatter in a few more days, he too is very sick and very old (16 years).

Our prayers will be with you and your mother.

Your bandsister

Bobbi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...