I cant eat chicken

So Ive had my first fill and I know youre supposed to eat the protein first. 2 times Ive had sliming and then PB'd after eating chicken. Then yesterday I tried tuna and the same thing happened. Im chewing like crazy. I feel like Im just loading on carbs now because thats what goes down easily. Anyone else have the same thing? I dont think I have to much in my fill because I can guzzle water and have no restriction on many things. Thanks in advance.

It can take a few weeks for your first fill to settle and for you to get use to it.

You should try a variety of protein if possible, from very moist salmon, to chicken thighs (dark meat). Here's what I do so I can eat it at first. Take a couple legs with thighs (just pull the skin off) and boil in chicken broth with some good herds. Then shred it and chop, and take very small bites, only put a tablespoon on your plate to start, (So this will last you a while if no one else is in your home to eat) it is dark meat but we eat so little and sometimes the white is too dry at first. I switch over to breasts later once I'm not soo tight. When I’m boiling my chicken I’ll also through in some veggies to cook. Again, when your eating just a tablespoon of each - fruits and your whole wheat grain. Everything in small amounts and I chop up well to not forget to chew! (Remember, you're not making soup, just cooking in a manner to keep your food moist) This cooks really fast and you only use one small pan so easy clean up and its really good for you too.

As you go along you’ll find that sometimes you can eat something and the next day you can’t – it can be fickle. So keep trying things, one small bite normally will tell you.

But really try to stay away from those bad for you carbs. Even if you take one small bite of protein you know you won’t be able to eat them so take a bite of protein.

Its tough, you’ll find your way to work it, just understand its a learning process!

Best,

Lisa

So Ive had my first fill and I know youre supposed to eat the protein first. 2 times Ive had sliming and then PB'd after eating chicken. Then yesterday I tried tuna and the same thing happened. Im chewing like crazy. I feel like Im just loading on carbs now because thats what goes down easily. Anyone else have the same thing? I dont think I have to much in my fill because I can guzzle water and have no restriction on many things. Thanks in advance.

GOOD ADVISE LISA :)

ALSO, WATER SHOULD ALWAYS GO DOWN EASY, THE BANDS NOT MEANT TO RESTRICT LIQUIDS

My band is very fickle. Most days I can't eat chicken....unless it is wing meat, which is very moist. I can't eat skin, it comes back or gets stuck. I also have problems with tuna, beef. On these days when I can't seem to get my protein in I eat yogurt with vanilla protein powder mixed into it (tastes almost like cheesecake). This is the only way I seem to get all of my protein in on my "fickle" days. Some days I have no problems at all. Be careful with the carbs though. I can eat pastas with no problems, but rice and bread are a big no-no. Eggs are a good source of protein for me too. I make nice fluffy scrambled eggs (egg with a small amount of heavy cream) and they are delicious. You will learn what you can and can't do. Everyone is different.