weightloss help

Cclark

:lb12: I am a single mother of 3, my oldest being disabled and my youngest is now 15 months. I dont have any extra money to have surgery or go to a gym, due to my son's disability i cannot work. I am slowly losing weight but need help to get more off. I need diet suggestions if any of you can help. I am currently only doing light exercise on a stationary bike and lifting no more than 50lbs in weights( just not very often). Due to an enlarged disc in my lower back, I cannot do strenuous exercises. I need help....I am desperate!!!

Thank you

Have you checked into insurance coverage for WLS?

If you chose not to have WLS....and want to diet on your own....try two shakes (Slim Fast, Boost Diabetic etc) per day for breakfast and lunch. Add a snack of non-starch veggies in for a snack and a lean cuisine for dinner. Drink tons of water all day long, cut out the diet pop/soda, it cancels out the water and inhibits weight loss.

Try this for a week or two and let us know how it's working for you. You will feel hungry...eat veggies for snacks.

Good luck!

Cathy

CClark, you may want to try weight watchers. It is honestly one of the best diets on the market - because it is not really a diet. It is a program designed to teach you how to eat without restricting certain foods - just the proportions. If you don't have the extra money to go to the meetings, everything is online you need. There are thousands of websites that tell you the point values for everyday foods. Please keep us posted on your success and :lb9:

I would have to agree with Blazn. My sister in law is on Weight Watchers now and I have been on it before. It is truly one of the best diets because you can still eat normal, you just have to keep track of what you eat and make sure that you don't go over your points. My sister in law is doing great on it.