stuck at the same weight

I have been doing my pre-op faithfully and I'm stuck at the same weight 257 :unsure: I started at 265. Dr. Miranda wants me to get down to 250. Help, what can I do My surgery is Tuesday.

Not sure what you are eating, but what pushed me for those last few pounds was one Adkins Advantage shake for breakfast, one for lunch and then just meat and veggies for supper. If you get ravenous in between, eat a cheese stick. One of those keeps me full for a couple of hours. Then get outside and walk.

What I made for suppers was an adkins style stir fry to keep my meals from being boring. Start with butter in a pan and add chopped up chicken and stir fry that a bit. Then add mixed vegetables, I prefer a frozen bag of broccholi, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini. Once all that is combined and heated, shake in a good amount of Adobo seasoning. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM very simple but very very good to taste. No carbs, tastes great and very simple to make. My husband loves it too. He doesn't even miss his rice when I make that.

When walking, make sure you are walking fast enough to huff and puff. And do it for at least 1/2 hout if not more.

Thats what helped me anyway.

Good luck!!!

I am drinking 3 slimfast optimas 1 at 7am 1 at 11am and 1 at 3pm. then at 7pm i make me another one but the GNC Chocolate caremel flavor. And I drink at least a gallon of water thru out the day. Thanks for you're help. And I walk Everywhere I go now, I use to be one those who parked real close to the store entrances but not anymore I park as far as possible now.

How are you doing poopy wise? I was stuck at the same weight for what seemed like forever, then I realized it had been some time since I had gone. Took a laxitive, drank lots and lots of water, and 3 days later I'm down 4.5 pounds.

HTH,

Jena

I took 1/2 dose of a "gentle" laxative in the morning and it started working in about an hour. By the time I went to bed that night it was pretty much done.

Sooo...it would probably help if you took a half dose (1 pill instead of 2) and drink lots of water. It needs the water to work.

It wasn't a pleasant day, but by the time I went to bed all of my bloating and other problems were gone. I figured I would gain a pound or so back over the next couple of days because a laxative depletes the water in your body, but I've been eating and drinking on plan since then and I've lost another pound.

Good luck!

Jena

I also want to add that laxatives shouldn't be used as a "quick weight loss" method. It's easy to become addicted to them. (I know this from experience in my teen years)

Take it if you NEED it. For instance, if you are the kind of person who goes once or twice a day every day, missing two days is a good indication that you may need a laxative. If you're like me and only go every couple of days, then it's best to wait 4 days or so before taking one.

Jena

Thanks Jena, I'm glad you read my post and replyed. I would have never thought to remember about my poop problem.

Okay shrty, this has really got me cracking up!

Let us know how everything "comes out."

Bwahahahahahha!

Jena

Thanks Michelle that means alot to me, I just dont want them to cancel my surgery. And believe me this was hard. And I truely believe this is my last hope for a healthier life.