"NW bandster/Canadian Meet"

Okay... anyone up for meeting with Sparetire and Diane on the 19th????? We'll do Broosters since these young ladies are going to be there for a fill appointment. Others that are wanting a fill can try to schedule one on the same day and try to kill two birds w/one stone. Also we can shoot for an August date instead of July 5th, if this gathering works out for the majority. My schedule is open for the 19th of June and it is actually a Thursday and in about 10 days. Broosters is a nice local cafe that serves breakfast/lunch/dinner. If I didn't get your name on the list then add yourself and invite those that are interested (which is quite possible, sorry in advance). If you would prefer to stick with the original date of July 5th then please note on your reply. I just need to know what will work for the majoriy. PLEASE REPLY. Thanks all!

DATE June 19h, Thursday @2pm

Broosters, Arlington, WA

1 Yoyodieter-linda

2 Allcndgirl -anita

3 Dontondan -donna

4 mlgpdx -mindy

5 Bobbi

6 WAgal- hanna (good for June 19th or July 5th)

7 calicat-cathy

8 AmerLam - amber

9 Sparetire

10 Diane

11 Caro

12 Redhead, denise

13 Wagirl

I extend this invitation to:

a Snowbird

b Pammie

c LisaL

d Stephanie

e Suffina

add'l Arlington Fill info:

Robin got back to me about how they do fluoro's. Appointment only on Fridays between 11-12noon (without fluoro is more flexible in scheduling). No barium drink as they are not licensed to do this. They are hoping to get their own machine in the future and could get licensed for the barium drink if supply demands it. She reiterated that it's not necessary to do fluoro unless you suspect something is wrong and they use only if port is difficult to find to do your fill. Soooo with that said, please email Arlington Pharmacy and ask away questions before you come to do your fill that way there are no surprises.

Hanna :)

I am so excited to possibly meet some of you!

Pammie, you are my idol so if you come, i would ask for your autograph!!!

Snowbird, you too!!!! I am in need of some deep deep inspiration!

ps good thing i didn't schedule this for this week as the mountain passes I have to drive are completely covered in snow! YES, I said the S-word...is that swearging?

I can't make it on the 19th as I have a meeting at 2 and another one at 3, so will try to get there on the July 5th if you are still doing it then. I am thinking I may need another fill by then.

I can't attend the 19th, I work Monday thru Friday and won't be able to get off. I am using my time in the next few days for my last child's graduation. Then on the 5th of July I will be in Wyoming going to my 35th class reunion hopefully if there is one in August.

Thanks

Bobbi

That's ok you guys, I understand the work thing....luckily i have Thurs/Fri's off from my regular job and making time from my 2nd and 3rd jobs. :) just keep your other plans... i would definately wait in order to meet some ppl if I thought I could, but I am going down out of desperation and depression. my sister doesn't even really need a fill yet, I think she is just going to support me.

LOL.. man I haven't been keeping up with the board lately.. so much I've missed... I am off Sunday's/Monday's... which makes it difficult because most of the world is Mon - Friday... if you have one on a Sunday or a Monday I'm in.. August might be better only because this weather is killing me!!!

I work Monday to Friday as well, so I wouldn't be able to make June 19th. I still plan on going down for July 5th though.

Me three. Thursday isn't any good for me either.

By the way... the fill I got last Saturday is AWESOME! Only 1 cc but I have restriction and so far it's working good for me. I can eat toast but only one slice, not two. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this great feeling lasts a while. I want to buy a smaller bathing suit for my summer holidays.

Congrats Redhead on the restriction!

To everybody else, I guess we are sticking to the original July 5th date for our first meeting since a lot of you can't make the drive on a weekday! Now where to meet... I'm thinking at Ivar's in Mukilteo!

Okay, I'm making a decision here.

First Meet will be @ Ivar's Mukilteo at 12-12:30ish for lunch July 5th, Saturday

I will post more info.. directions. I'll call to reserve us so please respond with a:

ex:

Hanna, yes

I'm excited!

Hanna

Hanna,

I will be there with bells on! I may have to drag my girls along though......they are teens and can entertain themselves, just can't leave them home alone. Are NW fills open that day? I may want to get a small adjustment then. I guess I will email them and see.

Donna

Well, I was all ready to say I could make it until you changed it back to July 5. That's a big holiday weekend for our family, so I won't be there. Maybe another time.

Snowbird,

Diane and I (Val) are still coming down next week... we would love to meet with you!!! and anyone else who CAN make it....just let u know...

I am getting banded on July 9th in TJ at the OCC. I will need my first flouro fill sometime in August and was planning to go to the girls in Arlington. I live in Bellingham. Someone also stated that the fill gals are thinking of doing fills in Blaine???? Wow, this would be unbelievably perfect for me!! Please let me know if any of you WA or Cndn gals will be needing a fill in mid August in Arlington...maybe we can schedule a get-together!!

Vicki :rolleyes:

Snowbird,

Diane and I (Val) are still coming down next week... we would love to meet with you!!! and anyone else who CAN make it....just let u know...

Next Thursday? We are on the road from Arizona via Tijuana right now, but I think I can make it. Give me a time and place, and I'll try to be there. You can pm me if you want.

Me three. Thursday isn't any good for me either.

By the way... the fill I got last Saturday is AWESOME! Only 1 cc but I have restriction and so far it's working good for me. I can eat toast but only one slice, not two. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this great feeling lasts a while. I want to buy a smaller bathing suit for my summer holidays.

Yehhhh! Restriction!

That's great news! I am so happy for you. How are you BTW?

I am doing better everyday, on the mend, walking a little slower than normal, but getting there.

I stepped on the scale today and was down 1/2 lb from pre-op weight, so I am happy. My surgeon said not to expect weight loss during the 6 week recovery period, but how can I not lose when I am barely eating anything at all...especially compared to before. I am not going to stress over it, if I don't lose anymore until my first fill in July, but if I do it's a bonus right?!

Take care chickie and I will talk to you soon! Cath

Next Thursday? We are on the road from Arizona via Tijuana right now, but I think I can make it. Give me a time and place, and I'll try to be there. You can pm me if you want.

Diane and Val,

What time are you scheduled for fills? I can meet you anywhere north of Arlington too, since we live in Birch Bay.

Chris

I am getting banded on July 9th in TJ at the OCC. I will need my first flouro fill sometime in August and was planning to go to the girls in Arlington. I live in Bellingham. Someone also stated that the fill gals are thinking of doing fills in Blaine???? Wow, this would be unbelievably perfect for me!! Please let me know if any of you WA or Cndn gals will be needing a fill in mid August in Arlington...maybe we can schedule a get-together!!

Vicki :rolleyes:

LET US KNOW WHEN YOUR GETTING A FILL VICKI. I TRAVEL UP THAT WAY FROM TIME TO TIME AS OUR SONS GOING TO SCHOOL UP THERE.

Sparetire,

I can be there on the 19th to meet with you and your sis! I'm only 1/2 hour away so I can give you a hug and say hello and sip soup??

Snowbird,

Sorry... I responded to the gals that weren't able to make it but I'd love to see you too on maybe the August/Sept one once we decide after getting together on July 5th. I'm an admirer of yours too, like Sparetire! :)

Everyone else,

We are on for the 5th of July! Please let me know if you have a preference for a restaurant as I wish to please the majority not just my whims! I chose Ivar's since it's really got a nice view of the water by the ferry in Mukilteo, decently priced and great seafood.

I have great news.. I fit in a size 12... can you believe it???? I was trying on a size 12 skirt last week and I thought it was just a fluke because it was the style of the skirt but I really do fit in size 12 anything, yay!!! I'm so elated! I bought an elegant but simple summer dress at the outlet store from Liz Claiborne and I love it. I'll take a picture and show you guys soon. Trying to motivate you with this news... Again it's been over 13 years since I remember even fitting in a size 12! My weight is still 173 but the exercise must be reshaping my body 'cause things are fitting better! So ladies exercise even if you start out with just 15 mins. per session (which is what I did).

Hugs,

Hanna

Hi, Hanna. I would love to meet you too. Right now I am completely beat; we just got to Birch Bay and spent the afternoon moving our patio furniture and some of my mom's stuff out and getting unpacked. Our motorhome's transmission went out in downtown Portland on Saturday, so we had to limp to Clynn's house in Gig Harbor and spend a couple of days there. We got the RV into the shop yesterday, but they can't fix in for several days, so we had to cram all of our stuff into our little car and truck on home to Birch Bay this afternoon.

Anyway, I have just spent over a week on the road up from Phoenix, so the further north we can meet the better for me. Anyway, I'll let you gals figure out a time and place and I'll be there. Send me a pm so it shows up in my email, because life is pretty hectic here right now.

How far is Mukilteo from Arlington? It is 2 hrs, from Point Roberts to Arlington. trying to figure in a fill after, or maybe just spend the night and get my fill on the 6th.

thanks Linda

Oh yeah and congratulations on your dress!! Its a nice feeling isn't it.

Linda

Hanna... congratulations! Size 12... :lb21: Can't wait to meet you. I will be camping for that weekend, and all I know is it's 20 min south of Mount Vernon. That's it, that's all. So I have no idea how far Arlington is. Linda... the fill center is not open on Saturday the 5th, and I'm not sure if they do fills on Sunday. I will most likely wait until Monday morning to get mine. I've just emailed them as asked if they are doing them Monday morning. I sure hope so! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hanna,

we ended up being 30 min late... long story, but very expensive... had to buy new tires after we were on the road 1.5 hrs and also had to get the brakes done. crazy... anyways, we are so sorry to have missed you! we just got into the hotel room here in Bellingham.

I got my fill (2cc so now I have 5cc) but Diane has to have hers done with Fluoro. Kitty wasn't comfortable finding her port.

Well, we are exhausted so we will head off to sleep.