Is mushy stuff safe for post-op diet?

Hi...I made it to creamy soups and was wondering what you all felt about mushy (not the sticky kind) rice and mashed potatoes??? Thanks!!

Angela

You are not supposed to have mushy foods at all, but I think we all tried them or we would be lying. LOL Be careful..they made me very sick.

I was craving potatoes yesterday, so I went to safeway and got their "baked potato with bacon soup." I added some cheese and put it through the blender and it was really good and satisified my craving!!!

So no-no on the mushies, but you can get creative! haha!

I was craving potatoes yesterday, so I went to safeway and got their "baked potato with bacon soup." I added some cheese and put it through the blender and it was really good and satisified my craving!!!

So no-no on the mushies, but you can get creative! haha!

Oh yummy!!! But...Dr. Ortiz pointed his finger at me and told me NO Blender!! haha Who the hell knows!!

He said that? LOL I blended up things several times with my Magic Bullet. My favorite was canned peaches.

He said that? LOL I blended up things several times with my Magic Bullet. My favorite was canned peaches.

I had mashed potatoes, and was able to eat them just fine. And oh my god were they good. I am sorry but you can only have so much soup! :wacko:

haha!! Yeah..my parents and I were all banded together and he looked at my mom and I and pointed his finger and said, "NO BLENDER..especially for you ladies!" LOL

hahaha. He told Kim and I "blend up pizza if you want, but don't come crying to me when you don't lose weight." LOL

The Cambells soup at hand are meant to be drinkable, and they have a creamy potato... so there you go, potatoes and no blender, hahaha.

I bought soups and blended them. Mostly the vegetable type. As long as I had a creamy texture I was ok with. I did have some watered down mash potatoes and it was creamy soup texture. This last week of liquids is madening, I am craving like crazy and feel hungry. I'm trying to stay away from the liquid calories but its been difficult. Ice cream is very much like creamy soup :rolleyes: