I'm Confused

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONFUSED.

I was out late this evening and had a lot of reading to catch up when I got home tonight. There were two responses to topics that stumbled me. Both were written by the same person and the responses sounded a bit contradicting to me. Tell me if you feel the same way.

TOPIC NO. 1:

POSTER NO. 1: I can't believe what I did. Last night I was feeling so hungry and deprived and had done great all day. I got home from work at 10:30pm and ate 2 bowls (1/2-3/4cup each) of the Safeway baked potato and bacon soup. It tasted so good!!!I chewed and chewed and chewed and it caused no problems. I thinks it's yorkiemoms fault for mentioning it in the forum.....just teasing really I only have myself to blame!!. Anyway as if that wasn't enough then I ate 4 little dixie cups of vanilla ice cream....my worst enemy is ice cream and I've succommed to it so soon... I am trying to not be so hard on myself but man I feel guilty. Luckily I had no problems from eating that much but maybe that isn't so good afterall. If I would have gotten sick maybe I wouldn't be tempted again but probably not. I am so worried that I've done damage and stretched out my pouch but it's too late now. So for anyone with crazy ideas of splurging take it from me.....DON'T DO IT. The guilt is so bad. Anyway I am back on track today but felt I needed to confess so people know how real this is and it really isn't all in your stomach but in your head.WOW I am writing this after reading all the responses.

RESPONDER GOOD KITTY: Oh that soups sounds amazing....I will have to track that one down for Sunday when i start creamy soups. Someone on this forum also posted a homemade potato soup as well...saved it to word doc...hmmmm...I guess maybe I will make it on Sunday and blend the crap out of it. Do chunks of bacon blend? Are little tiny peices okay? We take pills and they go through ok??? Oh and JulieBurns, it's bound to happen and more than once, get back on track and focus on your goal and you will do just fine!

TOPIC NO. 2:

POSTER NO. 2: I love to read the stories here but I get so pissed off at people who act like the band is some miracle, or they treat it like garbage. I listened to Dr. Miranda. You should too!! Please don't cheat. You just spent around 10K to have all of this done. Can't you wait 21 days to eat? If you can't wait 3 weeks, you can't do it! Plain & simple!! You wasted your money. Come on..4 cups of ice cream on day 7?? Plus 2 huge bowls of soup all at once? I'm fat too, but dammit, this isn't the supportung shoulder we all need to read that it's ok to pig out on day 7!

RESPONDER BAD KITTY: Hi Cedartown, I could not agree more. I said the same thing about a week or so ago and was slammed big time by those who thought the band was a miracle tool that would help them lose weight, without making healthy food choices. Eating ice cream, cookies, bacon and overeating is not on the base menu. A treat once in awhile is okay, life is long time to never have a taste of the things we love. But I also received an amazing amount of support including Dr. Ortiz, who posted two excellent messages supporting our point of view. Don't leave us, prove them wrong! I became stronger and even more determined to show everyone that if you want to lose weight, you need to make healthy food choices and make a lifestyle change. And if restriction is a problem, then healthy choices are even more important to avoid gaining weight. Keep strong and focus on the goal!

Am I the only one scratching my head over this? Maybe it's just all the BEER I've been drinking :)

Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!

O Lord, kum ba yah!

LOL!!! Taking advice from Will and Lisa too!

SUBJECT HAS BEEN CLOSED DAWNIE... DO NOT OPEN PANDORA'S BOX... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED... :ph34r:

$

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONFUSED.

I was out late this evening and had a lot of reading to catch up when I got home tonight. There were two responses to topics that stumbled me. Both were written by the same person and the responses sounded a bit contradicting to me. Tell me if you feel the same way.

TOPIC NO. 1:

POSTER NO. 1: I can't believe what I did. Last night I was feeling so hungry and deprived and had done great all day. I got home from work at 10:30pm and ate 2 bowls (1/2-3/4cup each) of the Safeway baked potato and bacon soup. It tasted so good!!!I chewed and chewed and chewed and it caused no problems. I thinks it's yorkiemoms fault for mentioning it in the forum.....just teasing really I only have myself to blame!!. Anyway as if that wasn't enough then I ate 4 little dixie cups of vanilla ice cream....my worst enemy is ice cream and I've succommed to it so soon... I am trying to not be so hard on myself but man I feel guilty. Luckily I had no problems from eating that much but maybe that isn't so good afterall. If I would have gotten sick maybe I wouldn't be tempted again but probably not. I am so worried that I've done damage and stretched out my pouch but it's too late now. So for anyone with crazy ideas of splurging take it from me.....DON'T DO IT. The guilt is so bad. Anyway I am back on track today but felt I needed to confess so people know how real this is and it really isn't all in your stomach but in your head.WOW I am writing this after reading all the responses.

RESPONDER GOOD KITTY: Oh that soups sounds amazing....I will have to track that one down for Sunday when i start creamy soups. Someone on this forum also posted a homemade potato soup as well...saved it to word doc...hmmmm...I guess maybe I will make it on Sunday and blend the crap out of it. Do chunks of bacon blend? Are little tiny peices okay? We take pills and they go through ok??? Oh and JulieBurns, it's bound to happen and more than once, get back on track and focus on your goal and you will do just fine!

TOPIC NO. 2:

POSTER NO. 2: I love to read the stories here but I get so pissed off at people who act like the band is some miracle, or they treat it like garbage. I listened to Dr. Miranda. You should too!! Please don't cheat. You just spent around 10K to have all of this done. Can't you wait 21 days to eat? If you can't wait 3 weeks, you can't do it! Plain & simple!! You wasted your money. Come on..4 cups of ice cream on day 7?? Plus 2 huge bowls of soup all at once? I'm fat too, but dammit, this isn't the supportung shoulder we all need to read that it's ok to pig out on day 7!

RESPONDER BAD KITTY: Hi Cedartown, I could not agree more. I said the same thing about a week or so ago and was slammed big time by those who thought the band was a miracle tool that would help them lose weight, without making healthy food choices. Eating ice cream, cookies, bacon and overeating is not on the base menu. A treat once in awhile is okay, life is long time to never have a taste of the things we love. But I also received an amazing amount of support including Dr. Ortiz, who posted two excellent messages supporting our point of view. Don't leave us, prove them wrong! I became stronger and even more determined to show everyone that if you want to lose weight, you need to make healthy food choices and make a lifestyle change. And if restriction is a problem, then healthy choices are even more important to avoid gaining weight. Keep strong and focus on the goal!

Am I the only one scratching my head over this? Maybe it's just all the BEER I've been drinking :)

I agree there has been alot of interesting reading over the past week or so. To clarify my position, when responding to Poster 1-I gave her my support by telling her it happens, it happened, get back on track. No where in my posting did I condone what she did or say it was okay.

Poster 1- I am giving my full support to Cedartown's point of view. I posted a similiar comment last week and was chewed up and spit out by alot of people and maintain my stance that staying on track is the key to success.

I am a kind person and do not want to see anyone suffering, but cannot condone those who eat too soon, eat too much, eat the wrong foods and then come on the forum to ask for redemption. Some of us will say, it's okay, some of us won't.

If you need further clarification..just ask, it's Kittycat...Cathy

Cathy,

You don't have to defend yourself. Several of us here are working really hard to change the way we eat and the way we think about food. The only opinions that count are those of Dr. Ortiz and he has made his opinion perfectly clear.

In the end, I think we all know what to do to make the band successful. All the hate is coming from those who want the band, want the weight loss but don't want to do what it takes to make it successful. It's a literal example of wanting their cake and eating it too.

"Reasons to follow these guidelines.

I have studied thousands of patients and found common things to those who succeed and those who fail.

Those that follow these statements tend to lose around 30% of their excess weight during the first two months. They also reach their weightloss goal earlier (sometimes less than a year) and with less fills and no complications." - Dr. Ortiz

It's a choice. The choice to "do the right thing" is harder than the choice not to. It is a huge struggle, I know because I struggle with it every day. I was banded on May 8 and I've lost 40 pounds since the end of March. I'm not doing anything to screw that up, no matter what anyone here thinks.

Jena

Cathy,

You don't have to defend yourself. Several of us here are working really hard to change the way we eat and the way we think about food. The only opinions that count are those of Dr. Ortiz and he has made his opinion perfectly clear.

In the end, I think we all know what to do to make the band successful. All the hate is coming from those who want the band, want the weight loss but don't want to do what it takes to make it successful. It's a literal example of wanting their cake and eating it too.

"Reasons to follow these guidelines.

I have studied thousands of patients and found common things to those who succeed and those who fail.

Those that follow these statements tend to lose around 30% of their excess weight during the first two months. They also reach their weightloss goal earlier (sometimes less than a year) and with less fills and no complications." - Dr. Ortiz

It's a choice. The choice to "do the right thing" is harder than the choice not to. It is a huge struggle, I know because I struggle with it every day. I was banded on May 8 and I've lost 40 pounds since the end of March. I'm not doing anything to screw that up, no matter what anyone here thinks.

Jena

You have the drive! I have the drive!

We just want to share the drive to succeed and make the right choices...if you want to join the drive, you know what to do!!

Cathy

Well like the good Doc said to me on Tuesday, I've done my part now its youre turn. Im giving you some tools, use them wisely. I love all my band brothers and sisters.

I feel the exact same way...it's not going to be easy, but anything worth it, usually isn't right?

You have the drive!

Have a great day! Cathy

I wish I NEVER even posted my mistake. I thought this was closed. For someone to go ahead and quote it again seems to just add fuel to the fire. I am shocked at all the controversy and feel like I can't ever post anything honest again. I expected to get all sorts of opinions but a few were just not nice. Period. Let's end this once and for all and move on.....

Guest cedartown

Uhhhhhhh,when you want opinions you pretty much can rest assured that some of them won't be what you like.

I think thats the whole point of an opinion.

Your topic has been over ages ago.

Lets all forget it & lose some weight!!!

Its ended Julie and sorry for anything that hurt your feelings. Sometimes when we are writing things its hard to measure how it comes across.

But please understand that sometimes these types of discussions can end up doing some good, you never know what newbie is out there learning from us. You handled yourself well in a difficult situation and many of us are very impressed.

Take care and don’t let this affect your journey, just take in the positive and let go of the negative. Its a learning experience for all of us. I learned more about how to better support people then what to eat or not to eat. So for me, it helped me become a better person.

Best,

Lisa

Thanks Lisal. This has been a learning experience for sure. Thanks cedartown for recognizing this to be over. I do appreciate you candidness and I believe your really a good person to post so many times and take an active part in this forum. Sorry about the whole thing and YEAH................Let's lose some more weight!!! I've been following the plan by the letter so I have confidence my head is in the right spot now. I do want to succeed and make this the last time I do this weight loss gig. I've been drinking tons of water and other calorie free drinks like crystal light to help stop the hunger pains. It's a beautiful sunny day here in PDX and any day I get to wear my sunglasses is a GREAT day!!! I've even got shorts on and the ones I wore last summer are way too big....I've lost 40 pounds since last september the last 10 since I got banded. I think being active in this forum is relly helping me too. Thanks for all of you who take the time to post because it is like opening a new book each time I come to the computer. Keep it up everyone!!

I wish I NEVER even posted my mistake. I thought this was closed. For someone to go ahead and quote it again seems to just add fuel to the fire. I am shocked at all the controversy and feel like I can't ever post anything honest again. I expected to get all sorts of opinions but a few were just not nice. Period. Let's end this once and for all and move on.....

You are right, Julie. This topic WAS closed.

Thanks Lisal. This has been a learning experience for sure. Thanks cedartown for recognizing this to be over. I do appreciate you candidness and I believe your really a good person to post so many times and take an active part in this forum. Sorry about the whole thing and YEAH................Let's lose some more weight!!! I've been following the plan by the letter so I have confidence my head is in the right spot now. I do want to succeed and make this the last time I do this weight loss gig. I've been drinking tons of water and other calorie free drinks like crystal light to help stop the hunger pains. It's a beautiful sunny day here in PDX and any day I get to wear my sunglasses is a GREAT day!!! I've even got shorts on and the ones I wore last summer are way too big....I've lost 40 pounds since last september the last 10 since I got banded. I think being active in this forum is relly helping me too. Thanks for all of you who take the time to post because it is like opening a new book each time I come to the computer. Keep it up everyone!!

Good for you, Julie! Never take anything personally as I'm sure it's not intended. Some of us have to be "driven" (thanks Kitty for the word) to propel us forward and keep the momentum going after all we're "born again" bandsters, you know like those annoying people that quit smoking? hehe