Before the band I was a great water drinker! Like 8-10 glasses a day. I've been trying reallllly hard to get in my water, but I haven't been successful. I used to chug the water and now taking sips it takes FOREVER to get down any water. I don't want to drink too much at once and cause some flooding or a drowning or something, hahahahaha.

Anybody else have this problem? Any tips?

I like the taste of water so I don't need crystal light or special k protein powder. It's just that I can't find time to get it down. My husband keeps joking that I should set alarms in the middle of the night to get up and drink water, haha.

AND we can't drink an hour before or after eating? Ahhh! Help! :help:

Before the band I was a great water drinker! Like 8-10 glasses a day. I've been trying reallllly hard to get in my water, but I haven't been successful. I used to chug the water and now taking sips it takes FOREVER to get down any water. I don't want to drink too much at once and cause some flooding or a drowning or something, hahahahaha.

I like the taste of water so I don't need crystal light or special k protein powder. It's just that I can't find time to get it down. My husband keeps joking that I should set alarms in the middle of the night to get up and drink water, haha.

Hi Yorkie mommy

Yes, I also found this after getting my band. eventually though, you will be able to drink the water you need to. it is just during your first week or SO that you will feel totally unaable to drink it all. you can drink before eating, just not for an hour after eating. I too struggled with this rule. but now, it fits well with my work day. I have a cup from weightwatchers that is 32 oz. so i fill it 1hour after breaky and have to finish it about 15 min before lunch break. same thing after lunch, I fill again and have to finish it by the time I leave for home. then any water I have at the gym or while walking is bonus... hth... it will get better!

Funny that you posted about this because my mom and I were JUST talking about this tonight!!

I was a great water drinker before being banded and now...not so good!! I'm a good burper now!! haha (sorry TMI)

I used to gulp it down too and now it just seems like an extra task. I say just sip as much as you can!! That's what I try to do! I take a bottle of water with me from rom to room in the house so I always have it on hand. It's very hard though.

Don't be afraid to drink your water, it won't stretch your pouch. You really need it and you don't want to get dehydrated. Try a little bigger drinks than you've been taking, it slips right through, you may even be able to feel it. I'm a water drinker too, don't like flavored stuff, just plain H2O! I'm going for a glass right now.... :rolleyes:

P.S. I think it's 15 min. before eating....

When I was first banded, I was so terrified that I took baby sips... a couple days later I was so filled with gas it hurt. I went back to see Dr. Ortiz and he said that I was taking too small of a sip and letting in more air than water. That caused gas build up. so keep that in mind when you're sipping... Take a regular size drink, just don't gulp. I too have a hard time getting my required waterin, but that's because I don't like water. :wacko: lol

I am totally with you guys...when I was on my pre-op diet, I drank tons of water...and since being banded on Tuesday, I can barely get a bottle down per day.

Although I am getting my fluids from juice, broth, jello, popcicles etc....when I take too big a gulp, I get gas pain and try to avoid doing that. I will have to set goals for water consumption. Today I will aim for two bottles of water!

Cathy

Hi there!!

I have been banded for five weeks and still find water my biggest challenge. Before being banded I was also a good water drinker, but i am just not thirsty anymore, so I have to be very conscience about it. What I am doing is rewarding myself after drinking 32 oz., like I can't have my coffee in the morning until after 32 oz. of water, and then in the afternoon I love iced tea and I will not allow myself a glass until after another 32 oz. This is the only way I can motivate myself to get enough water.

Don't be afraid to drink your water, it won't stretch your pouch. You really need it and you don't want to get dehydrated. Try a little bigger drinks than you've been taking, it slips right through, you may even be able to feel it. I'm a water drinker too, don't like flavored stuff, just plain H2O! I'm going for a glass right now.... :rolleyes:

P.S. I think it's 15 min. before eating....

Thanks for that. Banded on the 9th and I'm a power drinker and I've got this unquenchable thirst right now. (everything just tastes so salty, go figure!) I've had no difficulties at all with drinking and I was worried that the water might stretch my pouch as I don't seem to have a limit for water consumption or how fast I can drink it. I lined up my water bottles yesterday on my desk and by end of day I had nine water bottles, two G2 gatorades and one and a half large cups of coffee with Coffee Mate (powder and liquid, one in each separately, no sugar). Add to that a huge mug of veg broth. I'm still not hungry thank God! But my tummy rumbles ALL the time.

Jann,

Do you have time to work???? I would be on potty breaks all day long!

Thanks everybody!!! ><'

I'll try setting some goals of when to have a certain amount of water to drink as the day goes on. I think that will really help me! And thanks for pointing out the 15 mins before, that does make more sense, especially if it just flows right through. Thanks again! :)