BEER!!!!

Ok is it just me, or does anyone else miss a nice cold beer on a hot day!!!!!! (well it's almost hot here in the northwest)

Linda

Ok is it just me, or does anyone else miss a nice cold beer on a hot day!!!!!! (well it's almost hot here in the northwest)

Linda

hehe -- that would actually require having a hot day. Like AllCdnGirl said, this summer in western Canada sucks. It's been raining and cold all season with a dash of sun here and there. Calgary is built on desert and it rarely rains comparatively speaking. Last night I turned the heat on 'cause I couldn't warm up! It's not THAT cold clearly, I just couldn't seem to warm up. But yup, a nice cold Corona with lime wouldn't go amiss!

OMG... you have no idea!! Those who don't know I've been banded are going to think something is seriously wrong with me when they see me not drinking my Corona's. I have a 24 pack sitting in my dining room that I brought home from a weekend away in the U.S. and now I can't drink it... :angry: BUT.... you coundn't make me change my decision. I will give the Corona to my family when they come, and I will indulge on my ceaser's all summer! Oh and you know what else sucks... Dragonboat festivals are coming fast and hard, and of course with each festival, there is the infamous party beer garden! Well... they serve Cider and Beer... both carbonated.. hmmmmm.... Guess I'll be carrying around my own little cooler with me whereever I go!

Thank god for caesars, they have saved me, I am a bartender, yesterday there was an event called JOG FOR A JUG, and everyone that ran received a pitcher of beer, that was my job!! I went through 2 kegs, and not even a sip for me. And we finally had a nice warm day. I know alot of my weight is from beer, so I guess this is a good thing.

Glad to see i'm not alone.

Linda

Now, come on, Linda. We all know it NEVER gets hot in Pt. Roberts. ;)

I just drove up to Gig Harbor from Arizona, and it is freaking FREEZING here!

AND YOU HIT IT ON A NICE DAY LOL

I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS DRINKING BEER. IT FACT I JUST BOUGHT THE CUTEST LITTLE CORONAS, 7 oz. :)

Hey they don't call it sunny Point Roberts for nothing!!!! Ok so it dosn't have to be nice for me to want to drink, nothing else to do on the Point! we have 5 bars 4 gas stations one grocery store and a post office, who can afford gas, so we all drink. LOL

A caesar is like a bloody mary but made with clamato juice instead of tomato, and the rim is usually done with celery salt, topped off with a pepper or celery or olives or all of the above. they are good, most grocery stores carrys Motts clamato so you should give them a try. Yummy

Linda

Hey Dawnie.. I can't wait to have a beer with you either! So we're going to get WillT drunk are we?? Hmmmm... and what will we do with him when we get him drunk??? :ph34r:

Not a real beer drinker, but starting to miss my carbonated diet soda...I may have to put some in a cup and flatten out when I really crave it!

Caesar's are good!!!

Cathy

I'm with Cathy. I miss a cold diet coca cola that is my addiction. :lb12:

I miss my diet pepsi, but I guess now I can have it! No, I am not going back to my old ways. I will pass on the carbonated beverages......AM/PM has a non carbonated beverage in their foutain area and it is calorie free and really good, cranberry flavored! My new favorite!

I have two loves, beer and martinis. i try to stick to beer so i don't get to crazy too fast, well i guess that's out the window! j/k! i will abstain from all alcohol until a really special occasion comes up and then i'll sip wine. wino-land here i come!

Linda

I'm from Portland, and there are an abundance of microbrews..Yes, I miss beer, also. :wacko:

Audrey

I don't miss beer all that much (though we moved this past Saturday and the cold corona's everybody else was drinking looked mighty nice) but I do really miss Strongbow...sigh. I usually have a glass of wine if I want to tipple but I am getting into margarita's too, that is a fun summer drink.