Another recipe to add to the mushy stage.

C1BandedBabe

Its called Pink Stuff.... I am sure some of you have had it before but some of you may not... It’s my all time favorite summer time dessert... And it would be great for the mushy stage in the post op diet and if you make it with low fat or fat free stuff its good for you!

Here are the ingredients.... and I use all fat free or low fat ingredients but you can use whatever you like…

1 Big container of low fat cottage cheese

1 Big box of Sugar Free strawberry jello

1 big can of crushed pineapples

1 container of Cool Whip (don’t get the fat free kind of this because it makes it really runny)

In a big mixing bowl mix together your cottage cheese and your crushed pineapples, make sure you drain the juice from the crushed pineapples or it will be too soupy.

Next, pour your pack of Jello into the cottage cheese and pineapples and mix well.. Then finally fold in a couple tablespoons of cool whip, not to much because you don’t want it to be runny… Chill for about an hour and dig in!

I am normally not a big fan of cottage cheese, but its actually really good this way..

Its called Pink Stuff.... I am sure some of you have had it before but some of you may not... It’s my all time favorite summer time dessert... And it would be great for the mushy stage in the post op diet and if you make it with low fat or fat free stuff its good for you!

Here are the ingredients.... and I use all fat free or low fat ingredients but you can use whatever you like…

1 Big container of low fat cottage cheese

1 Big box of Sugar Free strawberry jello

1 big can of crushed pineapples

1 container of Cool Whip (don’t get the fat free kind of this because it makes it really runny)

In a big mixing bowl mix together your cottage cheese and your crushed pineapples, make sure you drain the juice from the crushed pineapples or it will be too soupy.

Next, pour your pack of Jello into the cottage cheese and pineapples and mix well.. Then finally fold in a couple tablespoons of cool whip, not to much because you don’t want it to be runny… Chill for about an hour and dig in!

I am normally not a big fan of cottage cheese, but its actually really good this way..

Sounds yummy except for the pineapples...they make me retain water badly. :( Maybe try another fruit?

Thanks!

Judy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My aunt has made "Pink stuff" every year for christmas and Thanksgiving.... Its the best ever!!! I dont eat cottage cheese at all... but in this you cant taste it...

To change it up a little you can get any fat free jello mix... you can make blue, green, orange, my daughter loves this stuff, she could eat it all day

My aunt has made "Pink stuff" every year for christmas and Thanksgiving.... Its the best ever!!! I dont eat cottage cheese at all... but in this you cant taste it...

To change it up a little you can get any fat free jello mix... you can make blue, green, orange, my daughter loves this stuff, she could eat it all day

I know some people have said pineapple gave them problems with their band? Did you not have problems with the crushed pineapple, if not that is great to know. Just an idea, you could try this recipe with fruit cocktail! My family always adds a few marshmellows to it. Not sure about that and the band though.....