1st meal of solid food

Well I had my first meal tonight and it all went well. I had 2.5oz chicken, baby spinach salad with bacon bits, tomatoes, red pepper & cucumber, dressing was watered down bacon ceaser dressing. For a starch I had a very small quarter of a potatoe with a bit of margerine and sour cream. I used a salad plate and ate according to instructions, protein, salad and starch. Well it took about 15 minutes but I had no problems and did not feel full but did feel satisfied. It was delish!! I also did not drink for 1 hour. It's been 4 hours since I ate and I'm feeling comfortable.

I must also say that I had slight gas pangs after eating but this is common for me after eating. It did go away after 45min.

Now I must go and plan my food for tomorrow :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a great first solid food dining event... YAY.

You are so cool! Congrats on your success! I'm glad it went well - I found it fun to organize my food when I first started eating! (The pains are normal and I still get them today)

I'll be out in Halifax for the Dragon boat races and hope to see you!

Best,

Lisa

Keep me posted, it will be fun to get together!

My first meal was today too..I has Vodka soaked orange juice.

Hehe! I was just wondering - when is alcohol allowed again? I'm truly not a big drinker, but a little wine with dinner is sometimes nice. I'm assuming with solid foods, but not sure...

Sue - your first meal sounds lovely and healthy and delicious - glad you enjoyed it!

Hehe! I was just wondering - when is alcohol allowed again? I'm truly not a big drinker, but a little wine with dinner is sometimes nice. I'm assuming with solid foods, but not sure...

I'd wait till solids, I like a little wine with my dinner too, but make sure to watch the calories! (Purely for the antioxidants)

I'd wait till solids, I like a little wine with my dinner too, but make sure to watch the calories! (Purely for the antioxidants)

Oh good! I can wait that long. So do you count every calorie still? How many calories do you generally eat in a day? i can't help but be curious about how you've done so well!

I mainly count now to make sure I get enough - my only downfall is if I drink too many liquid calories. Those I have to watch.

But I did keep track of my food to watch my protein intake along with coming to terms and understanding my eating habits and why I had them in the first place. Most of the girls are going to spark people and have an OCC group set up.

I mainly count now to make sure I get enough - my only downfall is if I drink too many liquid calories. Those I have to watch.

But I did keep track of my food to watch my protein intake along with coming to terms and understanding my eating habits and why I had them in the first place. Most of the girls are going to spark people and have an OCC group set up.

Thanks for the tip - I'll check that out!! I'm glad to hear you're generally able to stick with good habits without having to be too obsessive about it - that's what I hope to achieve!

:)