first plateau

hey all friends and now band land family! I've been reading and everyone seems to be doing great. I'll like to know if anyone went through a plateau before their first fill. See, I was banded on may 23, and for the first 3 weeks, i did lose 2-3lbs steadily... then none. I thought my scale was wrong and I even bought one of those digital ones that tells you everything from body fat to water etc. and God knows, I followed Dr M's diet "a la carte". Is this normal? I just scheduled my first fill for july 8 and I hope the REAL weight loss will start then. Not being able to exercise did not help either... please help, I am worried. Did you really started noticing changes after your first fill?

THANKS A LOT!

Deparis

I haven't had my first fill yet, banded on May 8, but yes, I've hit plateaus. I finally just put away the scale and decided to weigh only once a month. I was focusing too much on the number and not enough on what I was eating. What's really important is following Dr. Miranda's guidelines on eating. If you've got that together, the weight will come off.

HTH, Jena

Yes.. I have hit plateaus as well.. I'm the type of person that HAS to see the scale move!! I know I know, I should probly put it away for a month like Jena did, but I just have to have it move or I get scared. So I went back on the pre op diet because I have yet to have my fill and now I'm back off that plateau!!

I don't know about after fills but wanted to respond because I was feeling exactly what you are a week ago. I was banded on May 16th. I was losing about 1 to 1.5 per week and was getting very discouraged. I was sure I was going to be one of those people who fail at this. I have started losing alot faster now and I haven't had a fill yet. I think that for me my body was kind of in shock. I was looking at everyone else's weight loss and thinking that I should be down at least 30 pounds in a month. That just isn't reasonable for me. I just wanted to encourage you. Don't lose hope. Your system may just be catching up as you have really had a good loss so it might take a while for your body to accept that and move ahead.

Hang in there kiddo.

Cheryl

Hi, I was banded on May 14th, and I have hit a plateau myself, nothing in the past 2 weeks, but thats ok, i haven't gained any and that makes me happy, I always gain back what I lose. So this time I will not give up!! Linda

Hey girl,

I just wanted to let you know that I too have hit a plateau. :angry: What a SCARY proposition!! How silly of me to have thought this wouldn't happen to me. :blink: Hopefully all these encouraging words will ease our fears and get us back on track. I really need to start being dillligent about exercising, that is my biggest obstacle! I feel bloated all the time and I'm wondering if this is the cause of my plateau? Anyhoo, just wanted to let you know I feel your pain and I'm in the same boat as you. Hang in there and let me know when you start to lose again and I will do the same!! ><'

Bethany

Guest cedartown

I was banded on May 26 & was losing about 1 lb every day.I haven't lost or gained anything in 5 days.

I'm now on solid foods (day 2).

I think the last 5 days have me taking in too much sodium.

thisi s the reason why I cannot get enough of this forum. THANKS ladies. I feel lifted suddenly. thanks for your words of encouragements, and yes I have no more excuses, I need to hit that gym as son as possible. Ill keep you posted.

I have also hit a little plateau myself. I haven't lost a pound for about 2 weeks. I had my 1st fill on May 23 and have only lost 6 lbs. I know that the scale isn't moving very fast but I feel like I am losing inches. I am working out about 5-6 days a week for at least 45-1 hour at the minimum. In my case I feel like I am gaining muscle. My legs are starting to feel really solid. =D> I can't wait to start on my abs...only another 2 1/2 weeks then I am going for it!! :D Anyways back to the scale....I started out in a TIGHT 22 and I just bought a really cute sun dress that is a size 14/16!!! So total I have lost 30lbs with the pre-op diet but I am losing inches for sure! So don't expect a huge number from your first fill this is just a tool.

Good luck with the plateau and if you find something that gets you off let me know!!! :P

Brook

:lb13:

Yes.. I have hit plateaus as well.. I'm the type of person that HAS to see the scale move!! I know I know, I should probly put it away for a month like Jena did, but I just have to have it move or I get scared. So I went back on the pre op diet because I have yet to have my fill and now I'm back off that plateau!!

I just hit my first plateau a few weeks back. I only lost 11 lbs since my first fill and am ready for my 2nd one pronto.

I had to up my water intake to start losing weight again.

I just hit my first plateau a few weeks back. I only lost 11 lbs since my first fill and am ready for my 2nd one pronto.

I had to up my water intake to start losing weight again.

thank you Kim, I'll try that.

I cannot remember before my first fill, (I should have kept track better, like michelle,) but I think it was 35 lbs from pre-surgery to first fill. After my first fill, I plateaued and didn't lose ONE POUND until my 2nd fill. (I was dealing with a very stressful family situation, and was out of town at my Mom's for 4.5 weeks.) I have lost 9 pounds since that 2nd fill just over a week ago.

Don't get discouraged. As Dr. Marco told me, "It will work..I promise that if you follow the rules that it will work."

I havent lost any weight since one week after surgery and that was 3/27/08. I had my first fill on may 19 and still nothing! I am staying positive because I haven't gained any weight. Just had my 2nd/ 3rd fill on 6/19 so hopfully it will jump start my weight loss. Put the scale away!