OMG I have a new addiction....

Not to burst your bubble, but aren't those fried? Here are the nutrition facts from the wasabi peas sold at Trader Joe's:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1/3 cup (30.0 g)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 80Calories from Fat 27

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 3.0g5%

Saturated Fat 1.0g5%

Cholesterol 0mg0%

Sodium 190mg8%

Total Carbohydrates 12.0g4%

Dietary Fiber 1.0g4%

Sugars 4.0g

Protein 1.0g

Here are the nutrition facts from Nuts Online

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)

(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 120 Calories From Fat 25

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 3g 5%

Saturated Fat 1g 5%

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 160mg 7%

Total Carbohydrate 16g 6%

Dietary Fiber 4g 18%

Sugars 2g

Protein 6g

Vitamin A 0%

Calcium 0%

Vitamin C 0%

Iron 6%

** Contains less than 2 percent of the Daily Value of these nutrients.

(Are wasabi peas good for you - Yahoo)

Are wasabi peas good for you?

I have just become addicted to wasabi peas.. and im not sure just how good they are for me.. I mean surely they cant be that unhealthy right?

Yes & No.

1) The dried peas will give you some fibre - if you eat heaps you may get more than you expect!

2) The peas will have some nutrition - and calories - watch you don't get fat by consuming too many calories!

3) Wasabi is used in Sushi as a digestive - it contains enzymes that help digest protein - might be a good idea if you do have some protein with them!

Too much of anything might cause you problems.

"Everything in moderation except moderation itself!"

8 months ago

SOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo who the heck knows?

shucks... c1banded had me all hyper...

last time she started a topic she was all fired up over girdles. I thought her new addiction was trying on skimpy little outfits or something. wasabi pea?? I thought that's what wasabi did after long night at bar.

And I cant stop eating them!

Wasabi Peas!

They are sooo good! Can some one come and take them away from me please.

But they have 5 grams of protein in them for 1/2 cup! :P

They totally rock! My best bud brought me back a huge tupperware of them from Utah. I ate them until I thought I could never eat them again. Now, they sound good again! hehe

Ok Paula thats it! No more Wasabi peas for me then.. thanks

:lb12: :lb12: :lb12: I am sorry I burst your bubble :lb12: :lb12:

shucks... c1banded had me all hyper...

last time she started a topic she was all fired up over girdles. I thought her new addiction was trying on skimpy little outfits or something. wasabi pea?? I thought that's what wasabi did after long night at bar.

LMAO.. If I was wasabi, I would have PEED myself from laughing at your corniness.. clever corniness..

I have never heard of them..where the heck did you find Wasabi peas in South Mississippi?? LOL

Kim isn't it funny that we live in the same area! I was thinking about you this morning when I was getting ready for work.. How it is such a small world!

You can get them in Wal-Mart actually in the international food isle. They are great! You can get the really big can from the Asian Food store right here in Ocean Springs on Hwy 90 by Arby’s... You should try them but after that, have someone hide them from you.. LOL!

I know Trina..I think it is cool too. We have to set a lunch date soon. (or you will be on liquids, so a liquid date!)

The reason I got the band was so I could live a normal life. With by-pass you are limited on everything and can not eat so many different things. My suggestion is ...if we want the peas (and we do) ....buy them and measure them into zip lock bags so we only have one serving. One serving does not look to bad. A little fiber, al little protien, and a little fat. I am still on liquids so I might would eat the bag it came in too. But, after the liquids....I hope to have gained some selfcontol. Dawn

Yes, we will meet up soon! Do you still have my number?

The reason I got the band was so I could live a normal life. With by-pass you are limited on everything and can not eat so many different things. My suggestion is ...if we want the peas (and we do) ....buy them and measure them into zip lock bags so we only have one serving. One serving does not look to bad. A little fiber, al little protien, and a little fat. I am still on liquids so I might would eat the bag it came in too. But, after the liquids....I hope to have gained some selfcontol. Dawn

No snacking, though.. you would have to include them as the veggie or protein in a meal.