Pay to Replace Port??

Hey All,

You all saw my post about my port or band is leaking, I talked to Renee today and he said they will charge me 250 to have a Dr. come in and stick in tube down my throat, and 1200 for hospital fee's and a new port. I am soooooooo Mad right now I could scream!! You asked me for a update--------

I told them I have never gone anywhere else for fills or anything else!!!!!

I will let you know what happends on Monday!!!

Donna

OMG!!!!

I would spit nails! That is not acceptable...obviously it was faulty and you had nothing to do with that...it's not like you can damage the port by overeating??? Even if you did???

I would be making some pretty big demands and going right to the top!

Good luck sweetie!!

Cathy

Hey All,

You all saw my post about my port or band is leaking, I talked to Renee today and he said they will charge me 250 to have a Dr. come in and stick in tube down my throat, and 1200 for hospital fee's and a new port. I am soooooooo Mad right now I could scream!! You asked me for a update--------

Donna

Donna,

I'd definetley talk to Dr.O, that is just ridiculous!!! I have read on this forum of other patients having problems and them being fixed at NO cost to them [except the air fare.]

I hope this gets resolved soon, in your favor, because I know I'll be very disappointed in the OCC if it's not!! I'm considering getting my fills here in PA., [still looking into it] but I'm willing to pay more to keep going to the OCC because of the awesome care they give their patients. Come on OCC staff, don't let this smudge your good [GREAT!] name, take care of your dedicated patients like you always have!!

Signed, Disappointed Darlene

Hey All,

Donna

That is so wrong on so many levels it just defies all logic. Jeez!

Donna,

I'd definetley talk to Dr.O, that is just ridiculous!!! I have read on this forum of other patients having problems and them being fixed at NO cost to them [except the air fare.]

I hope this gets resolved soon, in your favor, because I know I'll be very disappointed in the OCC if it's not!! I'm considering getting my fills here in PA., [still looking into it] but I'm willing to pay more to keep going to the OCC because of the awesome care they give their patients. Come on OCC staff, don't let this smudge your good [GREAT!] name, take care of your dedicated patients like you always have!!

Signed, Disappointed Darlene

AMEN!! You said all that I was thinking!!

Hi Donna,

I'm so sorry you are having problems!

I thought I would explain the charges in the event you need a replacement.

Since often a band problem manifests itself in the port, we want to make sure that the problem is actually with your port and there is truly a leak. We don't make money from sending you out for an endoscopy. This is done to make sure we know what the problem is. I had my port moved a few months back and I was happy to pay the $250 to make sure I didn't have a problem with my band. Its a good idea to get an endoscopy periodically to check your band.

If there truly is a problem with your port that requires a replacement we only charge the cost of the replacement port and the clinic fees, no charge for our physicians. If there is a manufacturer defect with the band, the costs will be reimbursed by the band manufacturer. We have to return the port to them for testing and if they conclude it was a defect, the port replacement fees will be refunded to you.

I hope this better explains the fees involved. I know it BITES to have to put our more money for your band, that's why we only charge expenses for this service.

If you need more of an explanation then I do suggest you speak with one of our doctors, they can probably explain it much better than I can!

I really hope everything goes GREAT and you can get back on your way to success! :cheerleader: