Someone noticed!

So last night as my boyfriend and I got back from dinner (me with a to go container FILLED with all the food I wasn't able to eat!) my neighbor and her boyfriend were outside with their dogs. We get along with them really well and often go see movies or have brunch together. Well, I hadn't really seem them since my surgery (she travels a lot) and he usually gets home from work WAY before my boyfriend or I do. I also hadn't told them about my surgery. So we're talking, shootin' the breeze and suddenly she says to me, "You look so different! You look amazing, WHAT has been going on with you?". My boyfriend and I looked at each other and smiled and I launched into my surgery tale which TOTALLY took her by surprise. "WHAT!? That is SO COOL! WHY didn't you tell me?????". And finally the kicker..."You look so SLIM". Well you could have knocked me over with a feather. Just hearing those words from someone who doesn't always tell you you're beautiful (boyfriend and parents) just felt SO GOOD. Even though I've only lost about 14lbs, it still felt great. I can't imagine what'll be like when I lose more.

Also, I have a picture of my boyfriend and I at home from a wedding last August and I couldn't believe how ROUND I looked in the face. We took a picture together last week and my mom said to me, "look how far you've come since then". Even I can tell my face is slimmer, my jaw line is more defined and my extra chin has all but deflated.

Whoever said this was right: "No food tastes better than feeling skinny"

=D> Congratulations. Isn't it great when someone like you said notices. I have just lost about 12 since my surgery and I keep waiting for someone to notice. I have lost about 40 since last summer alltogether and I do feel so much better already. Keep up the great work Alana!!

Good job Alana!! When I met you breifly at OCC, you were just getting released and you looked fabulous! You have gorgeous eyes, a great contrast with your dark hair. :)

You're a knockout!

No, nothing tastes better than how thin feels, and we just have to keep saying that to ourselves as we unconsciously wander into the kitchen. I do that a lot, and tell myself those words and do a ballerina twirl outta the kitchen! ::yes::

Keep up the good work, and I love seeing you come on the forum! You have slowed your posts, and I always wonder how you're doing.

Good luck, and may the pounds start melting away!!!

Aw, thanks Evette. You're one to talk about being a knockout!

I know my posts have slowed - I went out of town on the 5th, came back on the 8th, and then house-sat until the 15th. Things have been HECTIC, but finally slowing down and I will resume my usual addiction to this forum. :)

And I fully intend on twirling instead of walking out of my kitchen from now on. Think of all the calories we'll burn!

Alana I am sure that just made your day! And even better probably motivated you more huh... You know you are doing something right then sister!! Your such a cutie anyhow but I am sure those kind of compliments just make you want to keep on going!

The first of many compliments, yet to come. Keep the the good work.

You guys are great. I SWEAR I wasn't posting that just to get compliments, lol.

BandedBabe, you only have 8 more days!!!! I remember how I felt on May 1st, thinking "in 8 days, I will be banded". You will be surprised at how quickly these days will go by and pretty soon, you'll be even more of a hot mama than you already are!

Woot! Doing the Happy Dance for you!

You guys are great. I SWEAR I wasn't posting that just to get compliments, lol.

BandedBabe, you only have 8 more days!!!! I remember how I felt on May 1st, thinking "in 8 days, I will be banded". You will be surprised at how quickly these days will go by and pretty soon, you'll be even more of a hot mama than you already are!

Awww Thanks Alana!!!! See I told you were a cutie, inside and out! , I am VERY VERY VERY excited I wish it would be here TOMORROW!

I agree with DiamondJim, Paula! You're look fabulous and I can't WAIT till my glitter star has the number 40 on it. Keep up the good work!

(And sorry to hear about your dental disaster. I had braces for 2 1/2 years and they sucked on their own, but I can't imagine being banded and having them. You poor thing! I'm glad it worked out in the end and that you may have changed a young man's life in the process!)