What the Heck am I supposed to be eating?

I just got my second fill on June 7th, and the restriction is good. GREAT! But I still feel like I don't know what foods to eat or how to eat. I have a family so basically at dinner I make a meat selection (Chicken, Turkey, fish, or tofu) some veggies and rice, noodles beans, etc. I make my self a small plate and still don't finish. All of that is fine, but I am not seeing any loss. My clothes fit better, but I don't exercise ( I am currently in summer school) so I know it's not muscles. Does anyone have a sample menu or something I could look at. I looked at the literature they give you at OCC and they just say split the plate up and eat in order, but I want to know WHAT to put on the plate. I just feel like if I had a menu I could duplicate that I would be losing better/faster.

Thank for any advice you could give me!

I was looking on amazon.com last night and saw a couple of good cookbooks for people after surgery. Go there and search on "lap band" and they will come up.

If you want to try before you buy, see if your library has one of them.

I think I'm going to order one myself so I can get some variety in my life. I'm still eating lean cuisine's and yogurt and things like that and I really need to start eating real food and get off of the prepackaged food.

Jena

Cut out the noodles and rice and any other simple carbs and sugary things. Focus on your protein and your vegetables. You eat so little now, it needs to count nutrition-wise. If that doesn't help, start keeping a food journal and keep track of your calories and your fats. 1,200 calories per day is what people usually shoot for and once you start keeping track of them you may be surprised what's going into your body.

I hesitate to give you an actual meal plan as that's not really sustainable but you can always get back in touch with OCC's nutritionist, Dr Miranda, and work out a more structured meal plan.

I was looking on amazon.com last night and saw a couple of good cookbooks for people after surgery. Go there and search on "lap band" and they will come up.

If you want to try before you buy, see if your library has one of them.

I think I'm going to order one myself so I can get some variety in my life. I'm still eating lean cuisine's and yogurt and things like that and I really need to start eating real food and get off of the prepackaged food.

Jena

If you guys can wait till tomorrow, I bought 2 of the After Surgery Cookbooks, and they are wonderful. I will get the titles and post them tomorrow morning. I also bought them off of Amazon.com, so they might be the same. But they are worth the money.

I hesitate to give you an actual meal plan as that's not really sustainable but you can always get back in touch with OCC's nutritionist, Dr Miranda, and work out a more structured meal plan.

I think that is a great idea to talk with Dr. Miranda. Thanks

If you guys can wait till tomorrow, I bought 2 of the After Surgery Cookbooks, and they are wonderful. I will get the titles and post them tomorrow morning. I also bought them off of Amazon.com, so they might be the same. But they are worth the money.

The cookbooks that I bought from Amazon were:

Healthy Living Cookbook / Recipies for Life After Weight Loss Surgery

Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery

The cookbooks that I bought from Amazon were:

Healthy Living Cookbook / Recipies for Life After Weight Loss Surgery

Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery

I'm not at solids stage yet but I also have both of those books. Can't wait to try out the recipes!