Anyone do Zoom whitening at the OCC?

I'm thinking about doing the Zoom teeth whitening treatment while at the OCC. As are my sister who is getting banded the same day as me - and our dad who is coming for support.

Just curious if anyone else has done it - and if so - how was it? Worth it? Painful?

Thanks!!

Susan

I didn't have it done at the OCC, but I had it done here by my dentist. It didn't take long, it didn't hurt, some people say their teeth are a little sensitive after it's done for a few days, but I didn't have that problem.

I believe it cost $300.

Keep in mind that if you have any crowns, bonding, bridges or natural colored fillings that Zoom whitening will NOT change the color of them, so you don't want your teeth to be lightened more than the color of the crowns etc.

If you do it, when you get back to the states I would recommend that you go to your dentist and be fitted for the flexible molds of your teeth that you fill with whitening gel so you can keep them white. Otherwise they just start to yellow again, especially if you drink lots of coffee, tea or soda or smoke.

HTH,

Jena

I didn't have it done at the OCC, but I had it done here by my dentist. It didn't take long, it didn't hurt, some people say their teeth are a little sensitive after it's done for a few days, but I didn't have that problem.

I believe it cost $300.

Keep in mind that if you have any crowns, bonding, bridges or natural colored fillings that Zoom whitening will NOT change the color of them, so you don't want your teeth to be lightened more than the color of the crowns etc.

If you do it, when you get back to the states I would recommend that you go to your dentist and be fitted for the flexible molds of your teeth that you fill with whitening gel so you can keep them white. Otherwise they just start to yellow again, especially if you drink lots of coffee, tea or soda or smoke.

HTH,

Jena

Thanks for the tips Jena! Totally helpful!

I don't have any dental work, but I'll check with my sis and dad.

:)

hi

I had zoom when I went for my 1st fill. I also know mamamichelle did as well.

Cost me $250.

Nicolek

Thanks Nikolek! After I posted this I realized I could do a search for "Zoom" and I found your review as well as Mamamichelle's and some others - I think I'll do it!

:D

Thanks Nikolek! After I posted this I realized I could do a search for "Zoom" and I found your review as well as Mamamichelle's and some others - I think I'll do it!

:D

Do it at one of your fill visits. I was banded on the 10th and believe me, you have enough on your hands during your banding visit without having to sit there for an hour with your mouth stretched wide with a dam in place.

I had scheduled to have it done but the day of surgery cancelled it. I was afraid I might not be up to it even though its only an hour at most. I have had it done in the past in the US and only was about $50 more. I was happy with the results but all the posting each have some good advice in them. Check out your local prices also. I was glad I did not have it done the day after. I felt pretty ok but just the thought of another procedure where you have to sit in the chair somewhat confined was not my thought of a good time. Again I was glad I waited because I really needed to be able to move about as I needed to. I am somewhat of a wimp but just an opinion for you. Good luck and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you.

I did have zoom w. done the day after being banded. It was $300 I think. My teeth looked great for a while and then I was not too impressed. Noone at home seemed to notice either. My teeth were sensitive for a few days, but very bearable. I would do it on a fill date so you could be more alert as to what was going on . I really don't regret it, but if you really don't have the extra money, I would wait. It has been almost 3 months now and I can't even tell it was done :angry:

renee j

I did have zoom w. done the day after being banded. It was $300 I think. My teeth looked great for a while and then I was not too impressed. Noone at home seemed to notice either. My teeth were sensitive for a few days, but very bearable. I would do it on a fill date so you could be more alert as to what was going on . I really don't regret it, but if you really don't have the extra money, I would wait. It has been almost 3 months now and I can't even tell it was done :angry:

renee j

Interesting... thanks for the advice! I'm leaning towards not doing it on this trip now.

Interesting... thanks for the advice! I'm leaning towards not doing it on this trip now.

One more comment on this: I had my teeth cleaned and the Zoom treatment done when my husband went in for a fill. My teeth were pretty badly stained, so she applied the treatment solution four times and it took over 2 hours. I would definitely NOT recommend having this done at the same time of surgery--it is just too much to go through right after surgery. Also, you can't have coffee, tea, red fruit juice, or anything that can restain your teeth for 3 WEEKS after the treatment. The last thing you need right after surgery is further restrictions on what fluids you can drink.

The treatment itself worked well and your teeth continue to whiten for three weeks afterwards. I'm pleased with it, but it really was a bit of an ordeal.

One more comment on this: I had my teeth cleaned and the Zoom treatment done when my husband went in for a fill. My teeth were pretty badly stained, so she applied the treatment solution four times and it took over 2 hours. I would definitely NOT recommend having this done at the same time of surgery--it is just too much to go through right after surgery. Also, you can't have coffee, tea, red fruit juice, or anything that can restain your teeth for 3 WEEKS after the treatment. The last thing you need right after surgery is further restrictions on what fluids you can drink.

The treatment itself worked well and your teeth continue to whiten for three weeks afterwards. I'm pleased with it, but it really was a bit of an ordeal.

Thanks Snowbird!!

That settles it! Maybe I'll do it at my first fill, but not right after surgery. :negative:

I had my Zoom whitening done after my fill and it wasn't that bad, but my teeth were very sensitive for about a week and I had to use Tylenol or Motrin for this. I am glad that I waited until my fill appointment to have it done as it was sort of uncomfortable sitting in that chair for that long a time. I am happy with the results, but they don't look as white as when they were first done and you have to avoid things that stain the teeth for a while after it is done, which I wouldn't do with just being allowed liquids, that would mean no tea or crystal light!