Sometimes I feel like there's a lump in my throat.

I got that too and just figured it was from swelling around the band causing temporary restriction. It almost felt like I was trying to swallow a mouth full of air and it kind of gets stuck??? It went away for me pretty quick and there wasn't any pain. Keep up the good work!! =D> Darlene

Hi there!!

Since I got my fill I feel the same way. I was told it was because I had a little swelling from my first fill, and the nerve that registers fullness in the band area is the same nerve in the back of my throat - the only thing that relieves this is hot or warm things. Cold restricts and gives you the lump in the throat. i have laid off cold drinks and it is really helping.

good luck, and it does go away!

Ooohh.. don't know, Cathy... wish I could talk.

Hi there!!

Since I got my fill I feel the same way. I was told it was because I had a little swelling from my first fill, and the nerve that registers fullness in the band area is the same nerve in the back of my throat - the only thing that relieves this is hot or warm things. Cold restricts and gives you the lump in the throat. i have laid off cold drinks and it is really helping.

good luck, and it does go away!

Thanks Jacqui1

I haven't had my first fill yet, I'm only 12 days post op. I will monitor it and let the surgeon know if it proposes any problems.

Cathy

Yes, I've posted about it here but I haven't gotten much response. I didn't have it until about 4 weeks post op. It stayed for a while and then went away. But it came back the day before my first fill. I told the nurse about it and although she didn't say what it was, she told me they usually don't fill people who have that. (I'll ask her next time I see her). I had the fill anyway with the promise that I would come back if I had problems. I have it whenever there is food in my stomach. It is VERY annoying.

It's gone when I wake up in the morning. Today I stayed on liquids until about 2pm w/ no sensation of the lump in the throat, and then ate 1/4 of a sandwiche, chewing very slowly and making the food mush before I swallowed. There is was again!

I've googled it and am finding some others who have experienced this. Evidently dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) can be one of the side effects of LB.

I called OCC and was told to come down for a Flouroscopy and to check my Esophagus but I'm in denial and am just hoping it will go away. Feel free to stay in touch and we can compare notes.

It would be so nice to just know what it is!! Please let me know what your DR says.

Thanks CMarie,

You are describing exactly what I am experiencing. I think it's drinking cold drinks before I eat. When I follow eating with another cold drink or popcicle it seems to go away, weird eh?

I will keep an eye on it and let my surgeon know if it continues. I get full very quickly even though I am only 12 days post op. I am hoping things loosen up a little before my fill appt on Julyl 16th or I won't need one?? After I eat my breakfast around 9 a.m., I usually don't eat anything until 12:30 p.m. and have a yogurt or pudding at about 3:30 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m...I am still on creamy soups with little chunks, so they can sit pretty heavy in the belly.

I can hear the bandsters wishing they had restriction screaming now!!LOL!! Sorry guys!

Let me know how you are doing and what the magic method is to get rid of it...take care, Cathy