hello~..new here

So I have to admit that I have been kind of secretly reading all of everything.....and all of you have been quite a big help I started reading ....and with your help had surgery...and had support during bandhell :wacko: ...I'm about 18 days post op..and have started eating soilids....ahhh I know I know band might slip..or stitches might rip....but has it really ever happened to anyone?

Anyway thanks for all your help**** nice to meet you!!!

So I have to admit that I have been kind of secretly reading all of everything.....and all of you have been quite a big help I started reading ....and with your help had surgery...and had support during bandhell :wacko: ...I'm about 18 days post op..and have started eating soilids....ahhh I know I know band might slip..or stitches might rip....but has it really ever happened to anyone?

Hello Santosha and welcome!! Congrats on your surgery, I had mine in March and am very pleased so far. [i need another fill.] I don't know anyone personally that has had a band slip or stitches rip because of eating too soon, but I'm sure it has happened. Why else would Doc warn you not to do it? I have to admitt, I did start solids a few days before I was supposed to, but ate mashed potatoes and some minced chicken. [Not that that made it right.] Try to be careful, you don't want to do damage after all your hard work and investment. [Most of us here were banded by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico and had to pay for our surgery out of pocket.]

Please take care of yourself and stick to Doc's rules, it's for the best. Post whenever you're having problems or doubts, there are some awesome people here who'll help any time. ><' Best wishes, Darlene

Welcome to the group.

My biggest concern about this behaviour and not staying with the guidelines is it sets you to a trajectory for future cheating. You have to get your headspace into band thinking not rationalizations that 'It probably won't happen to me'. You made an awesome decision for banding now work it baby!

My biggest concern about this behaviour and not staying with the guidelines is it sets you to a trajectory for future cheating. You have to get your headspace into band thinking not rationalizations that 'It probably won't happen to me'. You made an awesome decision for banding now work it baby!

I too welcome you. I also think Jann hit the nail on the head with "band thinking". I'm at 18 days today so we must have been there the same day or 1 day difference. I have had a very difficult time at times sticking to the creamy soup stage. I've watered down mashed potatoes with milk to soup like so I think that's ok. I've chip licked and chewed and spit and all the things you do trying not to blow it. You've already come a long way so just be careful in the next few days. What was your banding date anyway? Maybe we know each other.

I think you'll find this forum to be sooooo helpful. I do.

Hi and welcome to bandland!!!!!!