Getting a fill in Arizona?

I know some people have gotten fills in Az instead of going back to TJ. I love going to TJ but by time I add in the flight and transportation etc, it is about $400. My first fill hadnt gone as well as I had hoped.Too much info warning::::: flying give me gas pressure etc, it had never been a real problem except I had so much trapped air in my stomach I think it seemed to be restriction to the Dr. A couple of burps and my restriction doesnt exist. I only got 1cc. It is really hard to take a day off (petsitter) so trying to go back and forth is crazy. And flights really went up in price. So, if anyone has had experience with a AZ fill doc, that takes TJ patients, please let me know and how to do it for myself>>>> Teri

I know some people have gotten fills in Az instead of going back to TJ. I love going to TJ but by time I add in the flight and transportation etc, it is about $400. My first fill hadnt gone as well as I had hoped.Too much info warning::::: flying give me gas pressure etc, it had never been a real problem except I had so much trapped air in my stomach I think it seemed to be restriction to the Dr. A couple of burps and my restriction doesnt exist. I only got 1cc. It is really hard to take a day off (petsitter) so trying to go back and forth is crazy. And flights really went up in price. So, if anyone has had experience with a AZ fill doc, that takes TJ patients, please let me know and how to do it for myself>>>> Teri

You might want to check out lapbandtalk.com. They have a forum for state by state support groups under the heading USA Support Groups and there are a number of people that check it and get their fills in Arizona.

There are also a number of people there who drive to Mexicali and get fills with Dr. Aceves. Much shorter than driving to Tijuana, which is actually what we usually do.

Hi there!

I got my surgery from Dr. Ortiz as well, and I have recently found 2 doctors in the Flagstaff area that does the fills with the Fluro. It was an awesome experience. Everyone was wonderful!

Here is their information.

Dr. Berger

928-773-2222

The fills cost 225.00 because we did not get our surgery from them; however, it is well worth it. I too, was flying, taking the trolley, a cab to the office, a cab back from the office, trolley back, and flight back ~ all in one day. I found I was basically paying more to go to TJ than to just suck up the $225.00 and go up north. Also, no need to wait for hours to get back across the border. Originally, I had considered the Fill Center USA; however, they do not use Fluro and thus, this puts our band at risk. I was unwilling to do that. Dr. Berger and his associate do fills 2x per month, so you may want to touch base so that they can get you in their system.

They have amazing follow up care. Once you get your fill they call you within a few days to see how you are doing, and then again approx. a month later just to make sure that all is well.

Good luck!

Lexi

Thanks Lexi. I live in the phoenix area as well, and will definitely give them a call. I'm scheduled for my 1st fill on the 8th of July, but I think, after reading your post, I'll be getting my future fills there. Could you share how many fills you've had from them? how much restriction did you've had? Also if anyone wanted to carpool or else to get up there, maybe we need to start talking to one another.

once again thanks for the info

Thanks Lexi. I live in the phoenix area as well, and will definitely give them a call. I'm scheduled for my 1st fill on the 8th of July, but I think, after reading your post, I'll be getting my future fills there. Could you share how many fills you've had from them? how much restriction did you've had? Also if anyone wanted to carpool or else to get up there, maybe we need to start talking to one another.

once again thanks for the info

I had gotten in touch with Dr Berger from the reply from Snowbird. They seem great but just a warning that there is about 25 pages of paperwork that needs to be filled out and returned before they will even take your appointment. While in TJ I would ask for your Operative Note... The Flagstaff doc requires it and I am still waiting to get it which is making my appointment wait. I didnt realize that they only take 2x a month so that may screw me up yet... I was hoping to get in there on the 11th of July but with paperwork holdups??? I will let you know how it goes regardless Teri