How much is too much? I'm on day 14 post op and I had around 1300 calories today...

Over the last week i've had anywhere from 500-900 but today i had 2 creamy soups because i was hungry.

But now i'm worried, which is crazy considering my pre banding average calories.

My main concern is that i'm able to tolerate more and more each day with out gas pains or the fullness feeling. Did i somehow stretch my band?

So what do you all think?

On another note i've managed to move the scale 2 lbs this week as well, so should i stop worrying so much about calories and quantities?

Just want to stay on the right track! I can't wait to see some of the results others have seen.

Guest sdejong

i'm not banded yet but what I understand is that as long as it is liquid only, it should go straight through...

keep up the good work.

shy

How much is too much? I'm on day 14 post op and I had around 1300 calories today...

Over the last week i've had anywhere from 500-900 but today i had 2 creamy soups because i was hungry.

But now i'm worried, which is crazy considering my pre banding average calories.

My main concern is that i'm able to tolerate more and more each day with out gas pains or the fullness feeling. Did i somehow stretch my band?

So what do you all think?

On another note i've managed to move the scale 2 lbs this week as well, so should i stop worrying so much about calories and quantities?

Just want to stay on the right track! I can't wait to see some of the results others have seen.

Seriously, I don't think the creamies will hurt your pouch. Liquids, as I understand it go through the stoma into pouch with ease. I'm sure creamies back up because they're thicker but they should still move through pretty quickly.

This is a healing time not a losing time so anything lost is a bonus. <She said as she wags her finger at the scale! MOVE DAMN IT!> 1,200 calories per day seems to be the magic number to continue losing weight so I see everywhere. I seem to have trouble getting up to 800 calories per day. I've started upping my protein drinks to make up some. We can always hope, eh?

I am at day 20 post op. I had the same worries as you do. Trying to get enough but not too many calories. And the scale did not move for over a week. Other bandsters say that when this happens (and I did) get out the measuring tape to check inches. Sure enough, I lost a ton of inches and 4 of them came right off the hips. Be sure to keep up the walking for gas bloating. When I felt that I needed more, I put in a dalup of sour cream to my soup. I found Tomatoe and Pea soup to be the hardiest and next is the Butternut and home made Potatoe soup. don't worry about the weight loss too much now, it is a time of healing. You are doing normal and you are doing great. It is coming together for you, hang in there. Barb

I am at day 20 post op. I had the same worries as you do. Trying to get enough but not too many calories. And the scale did not move for over a week. Other bandsters say that when this happens (and I did) get out the measuring tape to check inches. Sure enough, I lost a ton of inches and 4 of them came right off the hips. Be sure to keep up the walking for gas bloating. When I felt that I needed more, I put in a dalup of sour cream to my soup. I found Tomatoe and Pea soup to be the hardiest and next is the Butternut and home made Potatoe soup. don't worry about the weight loss too much now, it is a time of healing. You are doing normal and you are doing great. It is coming together for you, hang in there. Barb

I am not sure how many calories I am taking in these days, I am in the creamy soup stage and I have the following per day:

Breakfast

Cream of Wheat w/skim milk

Unsweetened Apple sauce or Yogurt

Lunch

Creamy Soup

Unsweetened Pudding

Dinner

Creamy Soup

Snack

Fudgecicle or Popcicle

Trying so hard to get more than 2 bottles of water in per day.

I had been losing almost a lb per day...but it's starting to slow now, been the same for two days, but not gaining.

My surgeon told me not to expect weight loss between surgery and my fill...I have been lucky. I am following their recommended diet and I am not counting calories right now.

I would however, recommend keeping them under 1200 and continue walking...best of luck!

Cathy ;)

1 more day before solids for you ParieGirlBarb WTG girl