Not Full

:D I still seem to be able to eat as much as I could before. I haven't tried to eat that much, but I not eating 1/2 of what I was. I have a 4 cc band and have 2 cc in there now. The only difference is the king of food I eat and how fast. How much weight should you loose the first month with your fill?

There are posts on here about how much weight loss with the first fill. Do some digging.

I know several people who only lost 10 lbs. from the date of their first fill to the date of their second fill.

I had my first fill six weeks after surgery - had no restriction. Had my second fill, last Sunday. NOW I have restriction!

:D I still seem to be able to eat as much as I could before. I haven't tried to eat that much, but I not eating 1/2 of what I was. I have a 4 cc band and have 2 cc in there now. The only difference is the king of food I eat and how fast. How much weight should you loose the first month with your fill?

There are posts on here about how much weight loss with the first fill. Do some digging.

I know several people who only lost 10 lbs. from the date of their first fill to the date of their second fill.

I had my first fill six weeks after surgery - had no restriction. Had my second fill, last Sunday. NOW I have restriction!

Good for you!!! I am so happy for you....onward and downward...with the lbs!!!

Cathy ;)

Hi,

I'm not having an easy time either. I can't even tell when I am full!!!!! I was banded on april 2, and had two fills - 9 June and 16 June, the first didn't work. The second seems a little better, but I notice my appetite doesn't get sated enough and it is not head hunger only. I have only lost a total of 12 lbs since April and only 4 since being banded - which I suppose is ok, but I have already made an appt. for a third fill July 11th. I have a 5cc band and they put in .5 cc's each time, but the doctor told me I have a total of 1.5 cc's because of the air!!!! Anyone ever hear of that?

I really thought this would work better than it is doing; so I am feeling discouraged. I get the the "stuck" feeling lots too - Last night I tried to eat a chicken wing - big mistake - don't try it. Yet, I can eat bread with no problem. Can't eat scramble eggs though. I guess we all have to find what is right for us and what works. I'm hoping the third fill will be a charm. Any advise??

Best, Helen

Hi,

I'm not having an easy time either. I can't even tell when I am full!!!!! I was banded on april 2, and had two fills - 9 June and 16 June, the first didn't work. The second seems a little better, but I notice my appetite doesn't get sated enough and it is not head hunger only. I have only lost a total of 12 lbs since April and only 4 since being banded - which I suppose is ok, but I have already made an appt. for a third fill July 11th. I have a 5cc band and they put in .5 cc's each time, but the doctor told me I have a total of 1.5 cc's because of the air!!!! Anyone ever hear of that?

I really thought this would work better than it is doing; so I am feeling discouraged. I get the the "stuck" feeling lots too - Last night I tried to eat a chicken wing - big mistake - don't try it. Yet, I can eat bread with no problem. Can't eat scramble eggs though. I guess we all have to find what is right for us and what works. I'm hoping the third fill will be a charm. Any advise??

Best, Helen

As I've read many posts it seems we have one thing in common.....there isn't a huge amount of predictability in your "sweet spot" for anyone and it's vastly different for many of us on how much we lose and when. Follow all the guidlines from the OCC and you will lose weight...it has to happen sooner or later. Look at all the tips to help "tweak"the weight loss if it's going slow. That might be a new topic idea also.

Hi,

Best, Helen

Hang in there, I'm getting discouraged too. I'm so hungry today. When can you have a second fill?

Tired

Hang in there, I'm getting discouraged too. I'm so hungry today. When can you have a second fill?

Tired

That's a good question..if you get a fill that isn't enough, how long do you have to wait for another?

I have unlimited fills with my fee...my first is July 16th...I will ask that question...but if anyone else knows...I would love to know!

Cathy

That's a good question..if you get a fill that isn't enough, how long do you have to wait for another?

I have unlimited fills with my fee...my first is July 16th...I will ask that question...but if anyone else knows...I would love to know!

Cathy

How did you get unlimited fills with yours? Do you live around this area? My husband has taken me both times. I would like to get a fill before we go on vacation on July 12 and I just had one on June 14th. I don't want to ask him to go again. Also what is up with the fee to pick you up across the board and take you to the doctors office?

Tired

Hi Tired,

I had my second fill 1 week after the first because the first didn't work at all. The second is mediocre to say the least. I am now scheduled for a third fill!! July 11th. That will be three weeks after the second. The doctors' office staff I go to said they are finding that more fills appear to be needed the first year - well, it seems to be true for me. I will try a third and if that doesn't work, well.....I'm open to suggestions.

Best, Helen

I've heard say that it takes a month for a fill to settle - but I know by the first week if its not there for me. Also were I go for fills you have to let them know in a week that you need an adjustment for a reduced rate - or you pay full price again.

I’ve never had an unfill but I’ve had 2 or 3 times when I’ve had an adjustment and had more added to my fill. I always test my fill out after having one, I sit down to dinner, I don't drink andI eat (following the rules of course) an appropriate lap band size dinner. (The reason I choose dinner to test is that in the evening is when I’m lose).

If I can eat too much or I’m hungry to soon I generally think I may need an adjustment – I call my doctor and have a frank discussion with them about it and schedule an adjustment if needed.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I had my surgery in Sept of 2007. At first I didn't lose much with my first fill. I have now lost 115lbs so far. I still have about 50 more to lose. When your band isn't so new and you have had a couple more fills, you may be suprised at the lose of weight. At least that has been my experence. Hope you do well, Loretta :rolleyes: :lb11:

WOWZA LORETTA!!!!

Congrulations on your weight loss and thank you for giving us hope ;)

Hello, I had my surgery in Sept of 2007. At first I didn't lose much with my first fill. I have now lost 115lbs so far. I still have about 50 more to lose. When your band isn't so new and you have had a couple more fills, you may be suprised at the lose of weight. At least that has been my experence. Hope you do well, Loretta :rolleyes: :lb11: