First Day Of Solids

So today is my first day of solids and it started like this. One scrambbled egg I had it a 7 this morning it is now 920 and its still stuck at the top of my throat. Well I was going to have a Jello caremel pudding but thats out of the question. For lunch Im having a 3oz package of tuna lets see how that goes, and for dinner im making beef fajitas. So life is good as I know it right now. Lets hope it stays this way. By the way I have lost 22 lbs since May 29th Im so proud of myself. My husband says he can see the difference in me. Both body and attitude wise. Yeay. :lol:

WooHoooo! I am glad you were able to keep your egg down. Take it easy today and remember small bites and chew, chew, chew!

I'm glad you're feeling good - too bad about that egg not going down though. Beef for dinner seems a little ambitious, especially since even an egg didn't go down so well... I'm sure you will chew chew chew - and I hope it works out great for you. Certainly sounds yummy!!

Congrats on the 22 pounds!!

:lb21:

Thanks you guys, Im really happy and at times it wasnt easy, but knowing that youre doing this for you health just puts you in the right path. And the fajitas for those who want to try them, I get them at walmart, they already come with the seasoning, all you do is cut it up and cook. They are so nice and tender the almost melt in you're mouth. But thanks for the concerns, and I will chew, chew, chew. Again I can't express enough my thanks to all you ladys and gentlmen for you're help and the support you all have given me. :D

So today is my first day of solids and it started like this. One scrambbled egg I had it a 7 this morning it is now 920 and its still stuck at the top of my throat. Well I was going to have a Jello caremel pudding but thats out of the question. For lunch Im having a 3oz package of tuna lets see how that goes, and for dinner im making beef fajitas. So life is good as I know it right now. Lets hope it stays this way. By the way I have lost 22 lbs since May 29th Im so proud of myself. My husband says he can see the difference in me. Both body and attitude wise. Yeay. :lol:

YAY for YOU!!!!! Nice start on your first day. 22 pounds is AWESOME! :lb13: :cheerleader:

You made it!!! Good for you!

What are you doing up at 7 a.m. on a holiday? Silly girl!!!

The feeling you have is that lump in your throat from being full...it's normal and fades over time. Don't try to eat anything while it's still there, you could PB.

Great weight loss so far, good for you!!!

Cathy :D

I'm so happy for anyone that has reached day 21 and is moving out of the liquid word and enjoying some real food! 22lbs is amazing weight loss Denise! Keep on moving in the right direction!

I still have 10 more days of liquids to go...pray for me! LOL!

Thanks Michelle me too. I have my first fill scheduled for August 12th At the OCC. And Cathy, up at 6 am for work, I just had surgery friday and my boss, of all people has been an ass about the surgery first and now this other surgery so Ive been back to work again since yesterday.

I am in you're corner Erin if I did it, you can do it. The best thing is not to think about it in days. I would just focus on the date, July 1st that might help you. B)

I just learned that tuna is not my friend. It has taken me for ever to eat 3oz of it. I put a little mayo and some creamy itaqlian dressing in it, and its still real dry. I started at 11 and its 130 and i'm still at it with half to go. Even the guy that works in my office has started to notice that i'm taking my time to eat, must be a good sign.

I just learned that tuna is not my friend. It has taken me for ever to eat 3oz of it. I put a little mayo and some creamy itaqlian dressing in it, and its still real dry. I started at 11 and its 130 and i'm still at it with half to go. Even the guy that works in my office has started to notice that i'm taking my time to eat, must be a good sign.

I believe the rule on time for a meal is to take at least 20min to eat but no longer than 30 min, if you continue to eat past the 30 min the first portion of your meal will have passed through the band leaving more room for you to continue to eat!

Maybe just try 1oz of tuna tomorrow!!

Thanks Michelle, I was just reaing that in the book also. Glad you caught it. It will be a while before I eat it again it was to dry. The fajitas was more my style and I only took half an hour. even chewing like crazy and putting the fork down between bites. I really appreciate youre help.

Congrats on your weight loss Denise ....

I told you I just cannot do scrambled eggs. I can eat bacon but not eggs - strange!

I love fajitias so I'm coming to your house for dinner!

Solids, o I remember it like yesterday... It's an amazing feeling, while at the same time frightfully delighted--kind of like a roller coaster. You know you want to go for the ride, but then you have that nervous sensation, yet while on it, you can't breathe- but yet your breathing is exhilarating and your laughing so hard that you start to cry. So you get in line to do it again.

As for eggs, I LOVE them, but I can’t have them. I have tried them over-easy, scrambled, and just recently boiled -and I get that choking feeling that I absolutely despise and I know that eggs are not for me anymore. Fajitas are awesome, as long as they are tender, however they are HIGH in sodium therefore, I try to stay away from them. High sodium leads to water retention which leads to NO weight loss, and other health issues. And tuna, well I just tried tuna a few days ago, mind you it’s been 11 weeks post-surgery and 1 oz was enough for me.

However, peanut butter and jelly, on the other hand is good. I thought I was going to have a problem keeping that down, but I am delighted to say I can eat PB&J. And of course it’s creamy which is just the way I like it. I think you will be fine, just eat slowly but only for about 20-30 minutes, no longer, and before you know it –you’re on your way :D Oh, and don’t forget to drink plenty of water…sometimes when you get to eat solids again, water is forgotten.