Avoid my mistake!!

So...I was feeling so good and restricted to such a great level after surgery that I thought I wouldn't need a fill at the 6 week mark. Even at 5.5 weeks out I was like, "I don't think I'll need a fill!" Stupid girl!!! Now, I have no restriction at all. I should have gone ahead and scheduled a fill, then canceled if I didn't need it! Now, the earliest my fill center can get me in is July 31st!! Boo! So anyway - learn from me - make that appointment!!

There are a lot of us "waiting" for our fills.....be tough, be strong! You are not alone in this. July 31st is a long time to wait for your fill, at least now you know that if you just "think" you need a fill that you should go ahead and make the appointment since you know that you will have to wait a while.

Sorry hear about your fill trouble.

Mine is booked for July 16th...and I still have restriction from surgery...they still want to see me at the clinic that day.

How do you tell when the restriction is gone? It's takes more food to get full? No feeling of being full?

Take care, eat healthy and keep strong!

Cathy

How do you tell when the restriction is gone? It's takes more food to get full? No feeling of being full?

Oh I can assure you , you'll know. It's like all of a sudden you can eat anything and everything...no problem. You do (or at least I do) feel full but it's on much more food. I am only 4 weeks post-op but still can't/havn't ever eaten what I used to. I stop myself first. Hope all is well with you Cathy. Only a few short weeks and you'll be on real food...counting for ya!!

Thanks for the tip Amber. I booked my first fill last week for 7/17 at OCC. Can't wait. Sorry you have to wait.

Sorry to hear about your problems sweetie...

My fill center USA location offers a waiting list, since you have to cancel an appointment 72hrs in advance to avoid being charged they get notified of a cancelation and if you are on the cancelation list they will call you and offer you the open spot 24-48hrs before the appointment. Try to call back and get on the waiting list!!

So...I was feeling so good and restricted to such a great level after surgery that I thought I wouldn't need a fill at the 6 week mark. Even at 5.5 weeks out I was like, "I don't think I'll need a fill!" Stupid girl!!! Now, I have no restriction at all. I should have gone ahead and scheduled a fill, then canceled if I didn't need it! Now, the earliest my fill center can get me in is July 31st!! Boo! So anyway - learn from me - make that appointment!!

Timely advice. I just said to hubby yesterday that I don't think I'll book a fill yet. My restriction level at this point is excellent and I wanted to ride it out. I guess I better book in that I have no idea what the lead time is here to get the appointment. Thanks for that.

Sorry to hear about that! But thanks so much for sharing.

I just booked my first fill appt today at the OCC for 8/15. I'm going to be in San Francisco that week anyway, so it works out well to take a quick trip down there.

But I was just wondering - what if I don't need a fill yet at 7 weeks? But then thought, even if I'm doing pretty well a little fill won't hurt... your post makes me think that I'll probably be wanting it by then.

:lb4:

Yes, I agree! I didn't think I would ever need a fill after surgery, but when my restriction left it was GONE!!