12 days post op...questions

Is it possible to hurt my band at this stage or only after I start "real" (aka chewable) food late next week?

I am not normally a soup person, but I do like cream of broccoli cheese soup and Campbells makes one that is 98% fat free..

So far I have made cream of broccoli cheese and added some garlic herb seasoning and parmesean and blended it until it was smooth with a wand mixer. Heat and serve.

Today I also made a mixture of cream of chicken and cream of aspargus adding the parmesean cheese, blending until smooth. Heat and serve.

Both have been pretty good. I stop myself when eating, but feel like I could continue to eat all the time. Being liquids, these are just passing through the band, right? I do not want to stretch my pouch and will limit quantities to ensure that I don't.

This is just new and I don't want to mess this up. I forgot about the chat until no one was in there last night so I could not ask then.

Is it possible to hurt my band at this stage or only after I start "real" (aka chewable) food late next week?

I am not normally a soup person, but I do like cream of broccoli cheese soup and Campbells makes one that is 98% fat free..

So far I have made cream of broccoli cheese and added some garlic herb seasoning and parmesean and blended it until it was smooth with a wand mixer. Heat and serve.

Today I also made a mixture of cream of chicken and cream of aspargus adding the parmesean cheese, blending until smooth. Heat and serve.

Both have been pretty good. I stop myself when eating, but feel like I could continue to eat all the time. Being liquids, these are just passing through the band, right? I do not want to stretch my pouch and will limit quantities to ensure that I don't.

This is just new and I don't want to mess this up. I forgot about the chat until no one was in there last night so I could not ask then.

You can hurt your band at any stage, but I am not sure why you think you are hurting yours? Eating blended soups are fine.

Don't stress about that, you are fine on creamy soups. I am on mushy foods now, like mashed potatoes, chunky soups and tuna salad and they are going down fine. Chew chew chew.

My surgeon told me the band is quite open until your fills, so anything considered liquid won't hurt you at all.

Good luck and try not to worry about food. I was the same way, afraid to try anything, your body will tell you what it doesn't want.

Take care Cathy

Thanks guys...I just have failed at so many weight loss things in the past that I guess I am afraid to believe that this will actually work. I know it is not an instant result that is not even what I am seeking. It is much healthier to take time and lose the way the band is designed to help you.

I also feel really GOOD. No real pain even from my incisions. I don't FEEL like I have just had surgery. Maybe that is also part of it.

It is nice to know that I am just being a bit paranoid.

Thanks guys...I just have failed at so many weight loss things in the past that I guess I am afraid to believe that this will actually work. I know it is not an instant result that is not even what I am seeking. It is much healthier to take time and lose the way the band is designed to help you.

I also feel really GOOD. No real pain even from my incisions. I don't FEEL like I have just had surgery. Maybe that is also part of it.

It is nice to know that I am just being a bit paranoid.

Elaine- This will work!! You've already lost 38lbs so you're on the right track, in the first few weeks after banding you're supposed to be focused on HEALING sounds like you are well on your way to that... Keep it up!!