question regarding second fill

Is the 2nd fill like the first one in regards to the liquid diet for 3 days again? I thought I remembered someone saying they went to eat after their fill to see how they did. If someone could help me out, that would be great. Also are we suppose to fast again before the fill?

If you have it done at TJ they have you go and eat to test the band and make sure it is not too tight. Then you are supposed to do a 24 hour liquid diet. If you have it done at Fill Centers they have you do 48 hours of warm liquids after a fill. You are not to have food for 8 hours and anything for 4 hours. This is for every fill.

Is the 2nd fill like the first one in regards to the liquid diet for 3 days again? I thought I remembered someone saying they went to eat after their fill to see how they did. If someone could help me out, that would be great. Also are we suppose to fast again before the fill?

I just got my second fill last friday. I had coffee only a few hours before the fill. He told me to go and eat and let him know how it went. Since I was not hungry yet, he said I could eat whatever time I wanted and let him know how it went. This was because I was staying an additional 2 days before going home, so I had plenty of time for an adjustment before leaving, if need be. I ended up not eating for several hours but when I did it was fine. Also, I was not told I had to go on a liquid diet for 24 hours. I was told to eat food from here on out. And this was at the OCC by Dr. So.

Thank you mona and Mom12. I am so excited to come for another fill. I never noticed any restriction after the 1 st fill, so am really looking forward to this one. I to will be staying an extra day just to make sure all goes well.

If you have it done at TJ they have you go and eat to test the band and make sure it is not too tight. Then you are supposed to do a 24 hour liquid diet. If you have it done at Fill Centers they have you do 48 hours of warm liquids after a fill. You are not to have food for 8 hours and anything for 4 hours. This is for every fill.

They never told me 24 hours of liquid after the 2nd fill. I hope they didn't just 'forget' because I have been eating. It's all been fine and I do have lots of restriction, so I hope I didn't do any harm. All they gave me was a sheet of paper listing examples of what it feels like to be too tight and when to go for an emergency check up.

I wish they would tell everyone the same thing. It's really hard when they say different things to different people.