Travel costs!

Well, we can't get reasonable plane tickets here in Jacksonville anymore. The ones that were $225 in May are now $400 or more. I promised my daughter that I would bring her this time, but the cost of flying has finally outpaced the cost of a local fill and the drive and motel.

I have scheduled a fill and for Dr. So to check to see if my esophogas is still stretched on July 29 in TJ. It will probably be the last time I go back for a long while, as I am hoping this 3rd fill is a charm.

Anyone else going that time or scheduling to go? Hope so... it would be nice to meet up with some of you.

I know this goes in the fills section, but I didn't want it there.

Alas..

The Rebellious One

Hey Paula, who are you flying with? On Continental you get a 5% discount when you tell them you are flying due to hospital stay. I keep forgetting to mention this on the forum, but go to Continental Airlines Compassion Fare Discount and you can book online for flying. The flight is probably more this time because of the timeframe, last time you might have booked more in advance and that's why it was lower. On Southwest you can book one way $99 to San Diego, but your return flight is more.. maybe you can go Southwest and fly back Continental? Just a thought... hope it all works out for you.

Hi Paula,

I'm scheduled for the 29th also, at noon. I'm paying 580 round trip from Pa. so I know what you mean about the prices!! I'm not sure what I'll be doing after this fill,... praying that airfare goes down!??? Hope to see you at the OCC!! Darlene