What do you know.....I have another question...

To creamy soups that is...... Tomorrow is day 7 for me which on my paper work says I can move to creamy soups.....

On day 4 I started liquid yogurts but only had 2 of the little 3 ounce bottles and had 1 yesterday. My stomach feels like it NEVER stops rumbling and I mean RUMBLING! I still have diarrhea, not as bad as it was but I still have it. I feel like there is a little midget in there kicking and screaming to get out! Today is day 6 and it says I am suppose to start my protein shakes, but I am scared those will give me more gas then I have already. Do you think creamy soups are going to be the same way for me??? Do you think all this gas is going to cause my band to stretch?

Alot of times protien will bulk up your stool. So that might help. I know the soups really helped my hunger pains. No matter how you slice it ...it's going to be hard. But you can do it. Dawn

The creamy soups and pretein shakes ought to actually help the gas a little. Each day should be better and better. Are you still trying to get up and walk a lot? That helps tremendously. You'll be ok with time. My gas seemed to last a long time too, but it will end eventually. I think mine was ALL over at the end of week two.

Hi Trina,

I had surgery last Tuesday and had pretty severe diarrhea starting on Friday (every hour at least despite taking the max dose of Imodium) and on Sunday I called the OCC and Dr. Martinez called me back (I was worried about going back to work Monday). He advised taking Kaopectate (2 tbsp every 6 hours) and to add a nondairy protein shake. I went to the drug store and the only nondairy shake I found was Glucerna. I think it was mostly the Kaopectate that worked wonders - my tummy felt much better within a few hours and the trips to the bathroom got less frequent. The Glucerna felt great - felt like the equivalent of a huge meal after all those clear liquids!! Yesterday I only took the Kaopectate a couple times, and only 1 tbsp because I could tell it was getting better and I didn't want the reverse situation to end up happening.

I started on full liquids yesterday and I'm feeling SO much better. The diarrhea is actually gone (haven't gone since yesterday early evening). I really think that the creamy soups and protein drinks are helping me a lot.

I also started taking a probiotic on Sunday per Dr. Miranda. Everyone is different, I was a little nervous about the full liquids too, but they've been a huge relief. I hope they work for you too!

Good luck - I hope you feel better soon.

Susan

I had the same problem as you, Trina! I felt like I was always in the bathroom. Thankfully, adding the protein shakes and the creamy soups helped A LOT. Like Dawn said, protein helps bulk up your stool. Also, watch out for the juices. I craved apple juice the first few days and while it tasted so good, it made me go to the bathroom constantly. If you're drinking a lot of juices, try diluting them with some water.

These 21 days will be over before you know it! Even if it seems like a lifetime.

Hi Trina,

I had surgery last Tuesday and had pretty severe diarrhea starting on Friday (every hour at least despite taking the max dose of Imodium) and on Sunday I called the OCC and Dr. Martinez called me back (I was worried about going back to work Monday). He advised taking Kaopectate (2 tbsp every 6 hours) and to add a nondairy protein shake. I went to the drug store and the only nondairy shake I found was Glucerna. I think it was mostly the Kaopectate that worked wonders - my tummy felt much better within a few hours and the trips to the bathroom got less frequent. The Glucerna felt great - felt like the equivalent of a huge meal after all those clear liquids!! Yesterday I only took the Kaopectate a couple times, and only 1 tbsp because I could tell it was getting better and I didn't want the reverse situation to end up happening.

I started on full liquids yesterday and I'm feeling SO much better. The diarrhea is actually gone (haven't gone since yesterday early evening). I really think that the creamy soups and protein drinks are helping me a lot.

I also started taking a probiotic on Sunday per Dr. Miranda. Everyone is different, I was a little nervous about the full liquids too, but they've been a huge relief. I hope they work for you too!

Good luck - I hope you feel better soon.

Susan

OH YES!! I had forgotten about the new probiotic yogurts out there! They do wonders for stopping diarrhea. I think it is even in the drinkable yogurt which is ok at this stage. That stuff actually cleared up my IBS, so if anyone has that, give it a try!

Thanks guys! I will definitely be going to get me some Glucerna and some probiotic yogurts TODAY then... I think I may hold off on the creamy soups until day 10 like they say... It just depends how I am feeling after I get those shakes and probiotic yogurts today...

This is what I had yesterday, you think this is ok?

Breakfast

Kellogg Special K2o Tropical Blend Protein Water - Water, 1 Bottle 50 Calories

Lunch

Lipton - Recipe Secrets - Onion Soup, Mix, Dry, 1 serving 18 Calories

Dinner

Swanson - Beef Broth 99% Fat Free, 1 cup(s) 15 Calories

Snacks

2-Lindy Italian Ice Watermelon - Frozen Treat, 6 oz 80 Calories

Yoplait Kids Strawberry Banana - Yogurt, 1 Bottle 70 Calories

Total: Calories 313

Thanks guys! I will definitely be going to get me some Glucerna and some probiotic yogurts TODAY then... I think I may hold off on the creamy soups until day 10 like they say... It just depends how I am feeling after I get those shakes and probiotic yogurts today...

This is what I had yesterday, you think this is ok?

Breakfast

Kellogg Special K2o Tropical Blend Protein Water - Water, 1 Bottle 50 Calories

Lunch

Lipton - Recipe Secrets - Onion Soup, Mix, Dry, 1 serving 18 Calories

Dinner

Swanson - Beef Broth 99% Fat Free, 1 cup(s) 15 Calories

Snacks

2-Lindy Italian Ice Watermelon - Frozen Treat, 6 oz 80 Calories

Yoplait Kids Strawberry Banana - Yogurt, 1 Bottle 70 Calories

Total: Calories 313

Honey, no wonder you are hungry! I think you need to be drinking a lot more! That doesn't sound like enough to me. I remember when I had to go back and get IV 2 days after surgery, they told me I wasn't drinking NEARLY enough, and it was more than what you have listed here. They wanted me to have 3 gatoraides a day, 2 diluted apple juices ALONG with constantly sipping something. The gatoraides help with electrolytes. This was in addition to what I was already drinking.

Maybe you can check with the office and ask them if this is enough for you. It wouldn't have been for me, but you are different so maybe it is enough for you. But, I tend to say it isn't enough.

I went to Wal Mart on my lunch and bought some Kaopectate and some Danactive (i think thats how you spell it) probiotic yogurt and also some Butter Pecan Glucerna shakes....Just took some Kao and gonna drink a shake in a few just waiting for it to chill... Pray that this works for me!

I went to Wal Mart on my lunch and bought some Kaopectate and some Danactive (i think thats how you spell it) probiotic yogurt and also some Butter Pecan Glucerna shakes....Just took some Kao and gonna drink a shake in a few just waiting for it to chill... Pray that this works for me!

I hope that helps! Something I forgot to mention - drink lots of gatorade!! It helps replace the electrolytes you lose in all the trips to the bathroom. Dr. Martinez told me to drink TWO cups after every trip to the bathroom. I can't say I actually did that, but I did drink it throughout the day. It also has some calories to keep you going - in a form that will work better for you right now than juice.

Keep us posted on your progress!

I'm fealing the same way today. I timmed some hedges in the yard last night. This morning I had 1/2 cup of broth and my stomach has growled all day. I feal like I could eat a regular meal. I freaked out and emailed. Dr. Ortiz. I thought I had slipped my band. I thought we could only have 1/2 cup at a time. I have not been drinking 2 cups of Gatorade.I was afraid of streching the pouch. Pluse, my blood sugar levels get so high after it. I have been drinking water and vitamin water.I have some of the Gucerna from the pre-op diet. I think I will try one of those tomorrow and see how that feals. I can't find the Butter Pecan. The Strawberry is nasty to me. Isn't Tequilia a clear liquid?

If I remember correctly, liquids don't count in the 1/2 cup at a time. While you should sip when you drink, don't worry about it stretching your pouch. That's not going to happen with liquids.

If I remember correctly, liquids don't count in the 1/2 cup at a time. While you should sip when you drink, don't worry about it stretching your pouch. That's not going to happen with liquids.

Thanks. I felt full today. And I found the Butter Pecan Gucerna. Now I know why there was plenty of everything else and all of it was gone. It's not bad. It was really filling after all that broth all week.

:mellow: im was banded 6/23/08 and im with you on the gas part..i still have a little problem with it..try the milicon chewables, they worked really well for me when nothing else would work..as for the rumbling, my stomach does that too,..especially at night!! i can tell you that once i went to the creamy soups i felt better..cant wait till monday when i go to soft fodds though!!

To creamy soups that is...... Tomorrow is day 7 for me which on my paper work says I can move to creamy soups.....

On day 4 I started liquid yogurts but only had 2 of the little 3 ounce bottles and had 1 yesterday. My stomach feels like it NEVER stops rumbling and I mean RUMBLING! I still have diarrhea, not as bad as it was but I still have it. I feel like there is a little midget in there kicking and screaming to get out! Today is day 6 and it says I am suppose to start my protein shakes, but I am scared those will give me more gas then I have already. Do you think creamy soups are going to be the same way for me??? Do you think all this gas is going to cause my band to stretch?