Difference between a guest and a user?

Guest cedartown
Is a guest someone who has an account but hasn't posted anything?

If you aren't logged in or are hidden it shows up as guest.A lot of the people who are "guests" are really members,only viewing this way.

Guest cedartown
A guest is someone who has not created an account, but is reading threads. They also could be potential Dr. Ortiz patients that are trying to make the decision based on our threads to go with the Lap Band surgery.

Not true.A guest is most often a user who just hasn't logged in.

I operate 9 forums myself.

Evette, I agree with you, hon. I was a guest here for a LONG time before I made an account. When i log in from a different computer, I can see the posts, and I am identified as "guest" until I log in, but there are quite a few guests who are wondering about this miracle "lapband" that is helping thousands of people.

The words we say MAY BE the decision-making factor in some people's lives when they go to decide about a lapband.

Evette, I agree with you, hon. I was a guest here for a LONG time before I made an account. When i log in from a different computer, I can see the posts, and I am identified as "guest" until I log in, but there are quite a few guests who are wondering about this miracle "lapband" that is helping thousands of people.

The words we say MAY BE the decision-making factor in some people's lives when they go to decide about a lapband.

Excellent point as always, Will. :)

A guest can be EITHER a member not logged in OR a person who is just visiting and reading our posts that has not created an account yet.

A guest can be EITHER a member not logged in OR a person who is just visiting and reading our posts that has not created an account yet.

yes indeed I am so called a newbie however I have visited this site tons before I figured out how to register .I am so computer lame