Burping and Farting

I have been hesitant to ask this, but I know if I am doing these things that ya'll are too!! Come on and spill it!

Why do we burp and fart so much now? LOL

I have no idea - but I just have to thank you for adding a post with this title.

With everything else, I'm SO happy to be reading about burping and farting right now!!

:P

And I look forward to the responses too! My belly has been a-gurgling away all day. I was just in a meeting and worried that others could hear it. :blink:

you ARE????

That is SO GROSS!!! I'm not doing either of those things.

[will falls in the floor from laughing so hard, knowing his 'system' is acting JUST like yours]

I'll bet some of the women here can out-do the men in both categories.... I know... TMI.

LMAO Bill!! :lol:

I am so glad I am not alone..I was gonna feel reallly dumb! LOL

I know for a fact, that MY "back air - airback" LOL comes from the protein shake I have in the morning :lb12:

The winner of the "burping competition trophy" in our house would be without a doubt definately me :ph34r:

Okay while we are on gross subjects...

I never poop anymore!! :huh:

Why can't I poop?? I used to be a daily pooper and now I am lucky if I am a weekly pooper.

I try to think positive.... because before I was on a daily schedule as wll and now, if I am happy - it happens every 2-3 days

We do eat so much less than before, that our bodies just don't have enough ammunition for a daily attack :P

Why can't I poop?? I used to be a daily pooper and now I am lucky if I am a weekly pooper.

I just think it's because we're eating differently. Before, we were filling our bodies with crap and that causes more frequent bowel movements. Dr. Miranda also said to limit your fiber intake for digestive reasons, so we're eating less fiber. If it becomes a problem, email OCC and see what they say about your less frequent movements. Mine are less frequent, but usually once a day or every other day. Never several days in between.

Kimberly, don't fret... one day you'll be a sooper pooper once more. Or, if you're still in the liquids stage, would that be sooper souper pooper?

I can always figure a good half hour after eating the farting will begin. I still burp, but no-where near like I did before. I used to be the burping Queen, but that kind of stopped after being banded. But, now LOOK OUT Farting Queen has become my new title! We try to oudo each other. (She was banded before me). I have to say it is really tough at work because we sit so close to each other. I try to blame it on someone else, LOL!!

Hmmm that doesn't sound good. Even with eating less you should still be pooping daily - just little poops!

I'd ask the OCC or your regular doc for some advice. Maybe you need a liver detox or more water or fiber, but I definitely think you should check that out. Going up to a week or more is waaaaaaaay too long.

Oh man ...I wish I knew. I am sure Will and a few others may understand my concerns about going back to work. Teaching 7th graders and all this gas don't make for a good combination. At least I teach science...maybe I can turn it into a leason! :D

Oh man ...I wish I knew. I am sure Will and a few others may understand my concerns about going back to work. Teaching 7th graders and all this gas don't make for a good combination. At least I teach science...maybe I can turn it into a leason! :D

hahahahaha that would be fun for sure!

I don't burp unless I eat too fast. I do fart a lot though, but I always did! I also poop every day, but they are smaller and sometimes a little on the hard side! I do take one metamucil capsule every day on the advise of my Doctor to keep me from running into trouble. My kids love when I pass the gass!!!! Fits of giggles and grins.

You guys are hillarious! Hey maybe when we do get together in CA of Vegas we can have a "worst/best fart and worst/best burp" contests. :D Can you imagine the disounts we could get? The waiter would come in to bring our drink orders, and leave so fast that they would forget to take our money :D Or maybe they would pass out because of the stinks in the air!!!! :rofl:

Ok, enough of that - but really, I only burp when I eat too fast or when I'm "full". That's when I know I need to take smaller bites or stop eating altogether. As for fluctuations, none. And hopefully it stays that way :P As for the bowel movements, they are normal, it used to be consistently on schedule, like every morning, but now it's daily and unscheduled. If you drink your water and have your protein and fiber, you should be good to go. :good:

I have been hesitant to ask this, but I know if I am doing these things that ya'll are too!! Come on and spill it!

Why do we burp and fart so much now? LOL

I think it's because, with the band in place, the food moves slower through the digestive system and ferments, thus creating gas..

It has gotten better for me, now I just have to watch the hiccups!! :wub::wub:

Audrey

I bought a number of "liquid" supplements from Costco: vitamines, glucosamine and fiber; I add it to a protein shake and takes care of a good 3 poops a day ( fiber that is I used to hate to swallow all those "horse" pills called vitamins so this really solves my problem.! I'd hate it if I didn't get some good poops in everyday!! Sufina

I think it's because, with the band in place, the food moves slower through the digestive system and ferments, thus creating gas..

It has gotten better for me, now I just have to watch the hiccups!! :wub::wub:

Audrey

I love your kitty!!!!! I'm a cat freak myself.