trying to put my affairs in order

can any one anyone at all tell me who does fills in northern missouri or southern iowa that had their lap band done with dr ortiz I would like to get this all figured out before surgery instead of later . and yes I have done some homework and the fill center is about 5 hours away I could go to kc and book a flight to san deigo and have dr ortiz's office do it faster and cheaper with the price of gasoline . any sugestions at all would be greatly appreciated . thanks in advance for all that have helped to this point

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Just wanted to say that I feel your pain -- I'm in the same boat.

My surgery is scheduled for the 21st. I've been trying to organize where I'll get my fills when that time comes, because a flight to san diego from where I live is about $680 after a 4/5 hr drive to an airport.

I've found some fill places in the Minneapolis area that will take me (some won't even say anything once I tell them I'm intending to have surgery in Mexico) -- but none seem to offer fluro.

I would be more comfortable and willing to pay extra for the fluro -- but not at the price of $1000 more if I went back to the OCC.

Good luck in your search, I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Shannon :)

Have you check into Fill center USA. Here are the locations and those that use fluoro are marked.

Good Luck!!

Locations with an asterisk (*) have fluoroscopy available. For more information about one of our upcoming locations or to preschedule an appointment with one of our upcoming locations you can call us at

866-345-5872.

State City

AZ Heber

AZ Mesa State City Date

AZ Snowflake NY Manhattan

CA Cardiff *ID *Boise

CA Garden Grove

*CO Thornton*

*FL St. Petersburg*

*FL Tampa*

*GA Roswell* (Atlanta)

*GA Moultrie*

MI Troy

MN New Prague

MO Farmington

*NC Denver*

*NC Huntersville*

*NJ Mount Laurel*

NM Albuquerque

*NV Las Vegas

OR Salem

TX Austin

TX Houston

*UT Salt Lake City*

VA Virginia Beach

WA Auburn (Tacoma)

WY Cheyenne

E-mail:

info@fillcentersusa.com

I hope you are able to find a place close and affordable to you. It is sort of a predicament as to where to go for fills with the price of airfare and gas. I am going to the OCC on 7/17 for my 1st fill. After watching the airfare prices for a few weeks I got a cheap ticket for $260, from my hometown in Portland, OR and actually the cost of staying overnight and the fill ended up being only about $350 more than getting it done here at home. The Dr. here doesn't use fluoro and charges $200 for the first and then $180. I just want to be sure to have it done right so that's why I am going to TJ. Maybe I'll stay home for the next one, we'll see. Anyway good luck on getting everything figured out and if you have any more questions remember to just ask!! We're all here for each other. Happy 4th!!

can any one anyone at all tell me who does fills in northern missouri or southern iowa that had their lap band done with dr ortiz I would like to get this all figured out before surgery instead of later . and yes I have done some homework and the fill center is about 5 hours away I could go to kc and book a flight to san deigo and have dr ortiz's office do it faster and cheaper with the price of gasoline . any sugestions at all would be greatly appreciated . thanks in advance for all that have helped to this point

Hi 2muchane , Just had my band done on the 1st of July. Speaking with Dr. Ortiz before surgery like all of us.... He strongly suggested that you try to get your band filled in TJ at his clinic. He said that of any complications with his band over the years ? it has been due to others doing the fills. I am definetly going to go to TJ in mid August to get them to do the fills. Like Dr. Ortiz said" ( AS per other fill centres ) " Get your fills here!!! first 52 complications FREE!

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Just wanted to say that I feel your pain -- I'm in the same boat.

My surgery is scheduled for the 21st. I've been trying to organize where I'll get my fills when that time comes, because a flight to san diego from where I live is about $680 after a 4/5 hr drive to an airport.

I've found some fill places in the Minneapolis area that will take me (some won't even say anything once I tell them I'm intending to have surgery in Mexico) -- but none seem to offer fluro.

I would be more comfortable and willing to pay extra for the fluro -- but not at the price of $1000 more if I went back to the OCC.

Good luck in your search, I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Shannon :)

Could you tell me the fill places in Minneapolis area? I saw the one that is through Fill Centers USA, just wondering if there are any more? I live in northern Iowa and work in Minnesota so it wouldn't be a bad drive for me. I'd love to go back to TJ, but I'm afraid with the flights it would get to spendy, not to mention time consuming. Thanks for any help you can give me!

thanks everyone will just have to keep the faith and pray for answers I figure if all else fails I will pay to go back to the occ just will need to budget it in . sorry that it took so long to thank all that replyed had to go to Iowa for the week to help pregant daughters yes both are pregant and think they need their mom once in a while and no I am not complaining I did get to spend quality time with my 1 year old grandson that I just love to peices

thanks everyone will just have to keep the faith and pray for answers I figure if all else fails I will pay to go back to the occ just will need to budget it in . sorry that it took so long to thank all that replyed had to go to Iowa for the week to help pregant daughters yes both are pregant and think they need their mom once in a while and no I am not complaining I did get to spend quality time with my 1 year old grandson that I just love to peices

Someone told me that the bariatric center in Grinnell Iowa does fills for outside patients and they cost $150. I haven't called them yet to make sure, but if its true, I'll be going there.