Wendy's Chili

karenlynn79

A Wendy's small chili has:

190 calories

6 g fat

14 g protein

And they are so good and filling! Normally I don't like meat and have trouble getting enough, but I am living off this! Great for when you have a good fill, because it's been stewing so it's really soft...

190 calories

6 g fat

14 g protein

And they are so good and filling! Normally I don't like meat and have trouble getting enough, but I am living off this! Great for when you have a good fill, because it's been stewing so it's really soft...

Is it spicy? I can't stand even the smallest amount of spice, but if it isn't, I think I'll try it.

I just tried it this week, and it's REALLY good for "fast food chili". It is very cheap and filling....much better than I could make at home and oh, so filling! It's a tad bid spicy, but not so much you can't eat it. I'm from Texas though, so I'm used to spicy stuff. At only $1, it's worth a try at least.

Denise

Hey guys,

I was just told by the doctors at the OCC that chili was not a good choice for eating, since it's not a solid protien. I was told if you really wanted to eat something like that you should first eat a little solid protien as the 'first layer' so to speak.

Thought'd I'd pass this message along.

Peace,

Maggie

190 calories

6 g fat

14 g protein

I LOVE it! What I do is eat as a salad with the chili, no sour cream, no dressing, no chips -here in Texas it's called a Southwest Taco Salad. I eat this at least 3 times a week for lunch or dinner because it is satisfying and healthy. Normally though, I don't eat the whole thing, but I can eat about 1 cup of greens with tomotoes and cheese and the cup of chili. I ALWAYS ask for the chili on the side because sometimes i eat 1 1/2 cups of greens, tomotoe and cheese with 1/2 cup of chili which cuts my calorie intake by about HALF! BUT still satisfying.

Southwest Taco Salad with Iceberg, Romaine, Tomatoes, Wendy’s Chili, Cheddar Cheese

438 weight (G)

400 Calories

200 Calories from fat

22.0 Total Fat (G)

12.0 saturated fat (G)

1.0 trans fatty acids

85 cholestrerol (MG)

1140 Sodium (MG)

720 Potassium (MG)

26 Carbohydrates (g)

7 Dietary Fiber (G)

9 Sugars (G)

27 Protein (G)

60% Vitamin A

25% Vitamin C

45% Calcium

15% Iron

Southwest Taco Salad with Iceberg, Romaine, Tomatoes, Wendy’s Chili, Cheddar Cheese

That sounds so good!!! Unfortunately I am one of those who cannot eat lettuce at all! Which stinks because I LOVE salad so much! If I could have a one day band break I'd probably have salad over anything else!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I was just told by the doctors at the OCC that chili was not a good choice for eating, since it's not a solid protien. I was told if you really wanted to eat something like that you should first eat a little solid protien as the 'first layer' so to speak.

Thought'd I'd pass this message along.

Peace,

Maggie

What is solid protein?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had never tried the chili before I read this, so I tried it a couple of times before I was banded. Loved it and thought that it would be my saving meal during the liquid / mushy phase... When I got to the clinic and was told "No more mushy phase." I wondered why I had bothered to liquify a perfectly good cup of chili... Now I am looking forward to having it on the 9th of September when I can eat solids again.

DL

So last night, my wife and kids went to dinner and I was left to fend for myself on the way home from work. I stopped at wendy's and got a large chili, knowing that it was an EVIL MUSHY. I got it home put it in the blender with a TBS of sour cream, blended it was very mushy. then I put it through a strainer so it was "CHILI WATER" I got my chili fix in and had a full liquid meal.

This was definitly not mushy, it was thinner that the yogurt drinks.

P.S. The large container gave me 375ml of liquid.

• 2 weeks later...

I love chili, but would probably never even have thought to stop by Wendy's to enjoy it!! You see? THIS is EXACTLY why I love my LapBand Forum. You all are full of GREAT ideas, and I am thankful everyday that I found this website. I am really really stuck in a rut at 52 lbs. I have to admit, I haven't been exercising and really need to get back on the wagon. Any words of wisdom? Again, thanks for the chili suggestion...I'm gonna go try it very soon!

--Bethany :D