New to the forum

Hello,

I have not been banded yet but gathering lots of information and hoping to schedule very soon. I am looking to talk to someone who has gone to the OCC and lives in Kansas. I would like to hear where they will go for their fills and maybe even learn what they have discovered on cost of fills.

Thanks

Dawn

:lb9: Dawn:

I am not from Kansas but I'm sure someone on the forum is and will be answering your questions specific to Kansas very soon. It's the holiday weekend so it's a little slower on here than usual. Anyway I'm glad you found this forum. I think it's one of the best and sooo informative. The people here come from all areas of the US and Canada and all walks of life. I have been banded 1 month now and will never regret my decision. Take a look at the threads for pre-op patients, the questions section, and also the testimonials to begin with. If you can't find the answer to a question here just ask it and someone will answer it. We are all here for each other and you'll find as much support as you want. Cheers to you for starting the process of a wonderful, yet challenging new journey.

Hi Dawns,

I am from Manhattan Kansas. I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in april 2008. I know of 2 places so far that does fills. The first one is Tallgrass in Topeka. They charge 250.00 your first visit, then 150.00 each visit after that. I went there for a fill, but due to a flipped port was unable to get it. I ended up going back to Mexico to have surgery again and a fill. The other place is Mercy Hospital in Manhattan. I think they charge 450.00 your first visit and 150.00 on future visits. Where in Kansas are you? My friends and I are going to mexico on the 10th of July to get a fill. The fill places in Kansas do not use fluroscopy and after the problems I have had, I chose to go back to Mexico one last time.

Dawn,

I replied to your e-mail. Hope to hear from you soon. We are all here to support you.

Gina

Hello,

I have not been banded yet but gathering lots of information and hoping to schedule very soon. I am looking to talk to someone who has gone to the OCC and lives in Kansas. I would like to hear where they will go for their fills and maybe even learn what they have discovered on cost of fills.

Thanks

Dawn