Beer and the band

I like to drink beer. How big of a problem is this going to be for me. I also am a Capitan and diet man. Am I going to have to find new kind of drinks?

Not for the first 6 months at least. No carbo's for a while so yes yo're going to need to find a replacement, but I don't miss them as much as I thought I would - and I don't like them now as much as I use too. (Carbo's going down don't feel that great - I let them set for a while to de fizz) But I've been banded for over 21 months.

Carbo's can cause band slippage – so you really do want to avoid at all cost. Try a good glass of red wine!! Low calorie, high antioxidants, not a bad combo! And men look cute drinking wine over beer, so there's another reason to change!

I like to drink beer. How big of a problem is this going to be for me. I also am a Capitan and diet man. Am I going to have to find new kind of drinks?

LIKE LISA SAID, NO BEER FOR 6 MONTHS. I'M JUST ABOUT 2 YEARS OUT NOW AND BEER ISN'T A PROBLEM

Yeah what they said. LOL

Good luck to you!!

I would look for something sugar free. If you are a big beer drinker, then that is probably what put you overweight to begin with --if you ARE overweight, which I assume since you are on this forum. But if you want to lose weight bad enogh, giving up beer won't be a problem.

yeah, when i decided to get the band i resigned myself to being a wino. I used to drink PBR and jack and diet all the time. now if wine isn't good enough i'll just have a martini. B)