I just wanted to say how very proud I am of those of you who have quit smoking. I have family members who have tried to stop smoking, and they didn't achieve what you have.

You have improved your health doubly, and I support you in every way.

Here's to long life!

Thank you!!! We took Chantix. While it does not help with the habit part, it does help take away the craving part. My hubby and I are constantly saying how nice it is to not be a slave to the cigarette!!!

Thanks for mentioning that Paula Bee! I never smoked but my parents did. My dad quit smoking cold turkey when his doctor told him if he didn't quit he would be dead in 5 years. That was 36 years ago. He just had his 73rd birthday!

My mom was not so lucky. She was a 3 pack a day smoker and never even tried to quit until she was diagnosed with lung cancer and had half a lung removed. She died about 6 months later.

Those of you who have quit are my hero's! You have done an amazing thing, not only for yourselves but for everyone who loves you.

:lb13: :lb10: =D>

I quit cold turkey 2 weeks before my surgery so my official stop smoking date was June 4th! It was rough giving up food and smoking at the same time but I DID IT!!! And I'm never going back! If I'm going to change my life I might as well change it all around for the better! :D

Thanks guys!! I am actually amazed myself that I quit......I made the decision that getting banded was much more important to me than cigs. I quit cold turkey one week before surgery.

I was actually hoping to get a prescription for Chantix, but my doctor didn't go for it. So I had to try to do it on my own. I was also doing pre-op diet and weaning myself off of diet coke & Low Carb Monsters (caffeine junkie) during that time. I found that chewing sugarfree gum seemed to help, I chewed packs and packs the first couple of days. Of course, hubby wanted to move out of the house during that time, he said I was plain evil. I do have to admit it was tough, but it definately got easier as time passed.

I tried to keep my goals short range, otherwise it would be too overwhelming. First, I told myself that I would quit just until after surgery, then only until my incisions healed, etc...I just kept finding reasons to delay smoking ........I take it one day at time.

I still get the urge sometimes, but have come too far to give in today.

Thanks!

It hasn't been easy but having a spouse also quitting helps.

10783.jpg

I agree that you guys are doing great! I have never smoked, but both of my parents did and I know by watching them how hard it is to quit. I cannot imagine doing both at the same time. You all should be really proud of yourselves.

Definitely a big congrats to everyone that has quit smoking. My Dad is dying from COPD and just moved in with my wife and I so we could help take care of him. I can't even begin to express how difficult it is to watch someone go through that. And he still smokes over a pack a day :(

i agree!!! I quit cold turkey 3 years ago and my BF had to quit to date me. I just feel like cigarettes are a legal addiction and the tobacco industry is totally evil. I'm so proud of anyone (who not unlike a bandster) makes the decision to change their life for the positive.

So great job and keep up the good work, you'll be a better and healthier person for it!!!