WASHINGTON BANDTERS

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all!

I just got my surgery scheduled for May 9th with Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver. I'm very excited!

So, I see a few of you mentioned fills in Arlington. Surely you don't mean Arlington, WA, do you? If so, is there a website or some information you can give me?

Found it! http://www.northwestfills.com/

So, they're iffy because they don't have the flouro something? I'd really like to be able to see them with confidence that they'd do a good job. Heck, Arlington is only like 10 miles away from me!

IN MY BOOK THERE ISN'T ANYTHING IFFY ABOUT IT. THEY HAVEN'T HIT A LINE YET. THE LOCAL BAND DR DOWN THIS WAY IN FEDERAL WAY DON'T HAVE A MACHINE, NEVER HAS HAD ONE AND BEEN DOING FILLS FOR YEARS, DR FOX. IF YOU WATCH THEM, THERE REALLY ISN'T ANYWAY THEY CAN MISS THE PORT. IF THEY CAN'T FIND IT, BEING YOU'VE GOT TO MUCH "FLUFF" AROUND THE MIDDLE, THEY'LL LET YOU KNOW.

HOW DID YOU END UP GETTING BANDED IN DENVER?

HOPE ALL IS WELL :)

HOW DID YOU END UP GETTING BANDED IN DENVER?

HOPE ALL IS WELL :)

Pammie, thanks for your thoughts about the place in Arlington!

I'm not quite banded yet, I just made the appointment yesterday for May 9th. I am going to Denver because I wasn't quite 100% sure I wanted to go to Mexico and Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver charges only $9950. Just a touch less than $2000 more for staying in the U.S. seemed reasonable to me. My father goes to Mexico though for all his procedures and I've read oh so many good experiences people have had there too so why I have issues, who knows, lol. Those issues are costing me another 2K, lol.

Another thing I like and might use is that I can get 3 free fills and then they're $15 afterwards. I think he uses the flourothingy... and I've been playing around with Priceline.com and have been able to snag $126 round trip tickets. I have a friend down there too... that'd eliminate rental car/hotel costs! But I like the idea of just cruising a few miles to Arlington. I'm very happy about this!

Chrissy....I'll see you Friday at 10am! ;)

CLEO,

Hi, this is Jennifer. I met you in TJ when you were there with your girlfriend. I think you were having the surgery and she was there supporting you............or vice versa. Do you remember me????

I am sooooooo depressed. In a few weeks I will be celebrating my 1 year Bandiversary. I have only lost 30 lbs. I just don't know what to do. The more I think about it, the more I eat junk. Cuz you know, junk goes down with ease.

My 20 year reunion is in August. I just knew after a year, I would have been 100 lbs down. Well, not so lucky. What the hell are all these big losers doing different from me???? I'm besides myself....................................my big fat self.......................LOL

Jen

Hello...

My best friend and I live in Puyallup, WA and are getting banded on 4/23 by Dr Ortiz. Any thoughts, insight, advise you can give us "newbies" would be really great. We are extremely excited, but a bit nervous too. I saw someone mentioned a fill site in Olympia?? Any info on that would be great as well. We've completed day three of the pre-op diet. Whew... those first couple of days can be tough!! We're just trying to stay focused and are so glad we're doing this together. It has definitely made a big difference even in just the beginning.

Thanks for your thoughts!! Would love to hear advise and stories....

Theresa :-)

Mommyto2, how exciting to be doing this with a friend!

I haven't any advice for you as I'm waiting for my surgery, and I'd welcome you to the forum but I'm new here as well, lol. Glad to see you here though!

Hey guys. It is so good to hear more Washington folks getting banded. Mommy, I am in Lakewood, not far from you. I had such a great time with my surgery, I came home and talked about it and went back 2 months later for my first fill and with my aunt as she has surgery. I love every bit of this surgery. There are certainly times that I am frustrated, but overall, it has made such a difference in my life. I am 7 months out and have never regretted a minute of it.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. We might be able to help. If you want to know my experience, it is under Newly Banded section. I was banded August 28th. You can read my whole long story there.

Good luck to those of you having surgery soon.

Oh, and I had a fill in Arlington, and I will definitely go back. Beware fo flying very soon before or after a fill, it can really mess you up because of the air pressure changes.

Becki

Hi Becki...

I actually work in Lakewood. :-) Thank you for your thoughts. We are very excited and nervous at the same time!! I will definitely go and read your story again. I think I read it last week as well when I found this forum. It's so nice to be able to talk to someone locally who has actually had it. Did you have troubles after you healed, but before your first fill with hunger or food?? I didn't realize that you weren't "restricted" until that first visit. Any thoughts or insight you have before we head down there would be great.

We look forward to sharing our "banding" story in the next couple of weeks!!

UPDATED PRICING FOR WA FILLS:

DR NEAL $350.00 UNDER FLUOROSCOPY, “RETOUCH” WITHIN 2 WEEKS $150.00

http://www.pacsurgical.com/

FILL MANAGEMENT NORTHWEST, ARLINGTON PHARMACY; BLIND FILLS $150.00 FOR YOUR FIRST FILL, $125.00 THERE AFTER. A "RETOUCH" WITHIN 10 DAYS $50.00. AN UNFILL FOR THEIR FILLS ARE ALWAYS FREE. IF AN UNFILL IS NEEDED FROM ANOTHER CLINIC, IT

Hello...

My best friend and I live in Puyallup, WA and are getting banded on 4/23 by Dr Ortiz. Any thoughts, insight, advise you can give us "newbies" would be really great. We are extremely excited, but a bit nervous too. I saw someone mentioned a fill site in Olympia?? Any info on that would be great as well. We've completed day three of the pre-op diet. Whew... those first couple of days can be tough!! We're just trying to stay focused and are so glad we're doing this together. It has definitely made a big difference even in just the beginning.

Thanks for your thoughts!! Would love to hear advise and stories....

Hi Theresa - this is your best friend! I am so excited - can you believe 9 more days!!!! I have been reading some of the forum. We really should hook up with them some time at Bahama Breeze :) - Just can't do it on the 29th.

Well, I am anxiously awaiting our journey. I am so thankful that I have you to go on it with me.

Love you lots!!!!

Destiny

Theresa,

I didn't really have any trouble from healing or before the first fill. I did, during that time, have kidney stones though. Don't know if they were surgery related or not, but if so are very rare. But make sure you drink a lot on the liquid diet. I got through the liquid diet ok. I'm not sure how, because I don't know if I could do it again. I ate less, still a lot, and took small bites. I never PBed before my first fill. I did have some restriction though, so I used that to my advantage, ate healthy, got some exercise and has lost abouat 25 pounds total before my first fill.

Ask anything you want. This is a good place to get some answers. And there are a number of people who have been banded a while who can help.

Becki

Hi Becki...

I actually work in Lakewood. :-) Thank you for your thoughts. We are very excited and nervous at the same time!! I will definitely go and read your story again. I think I read it last week as well when I found this forum. It's so nice to be able to talk to someone locally who has actually had it. Did you have troubles after you healed, but before your first fill with hunger or food?? I didn't realize that you weren't "restricted" until that first visit. Any thoughts or insight you have before we head down there would be great.

We look forward to sharing our "banding" story in the next couple of weeks!!

Hello everyone! Since it looks like we may have some new faces on the 29th and Michelle has departed for the East Coast, I thought I'd volunteer to be the one who brings the blue balloon this time. That way any newbies will be able to find us. See you there!